mahogany body,custom wood top,will be painted,cannot decide on whether to do 1 humbucker due to money shortage,3 cheap single coils?help me choose plz,also wat colour post wat colour u think it should be.the pickups and neck pocket are geting routed out this weekend so 1 day away,cant wait,and prepped for painting monday hopefully.the top has been glued on and sanded down to right size and looks gr8 will add pics soon.

body cut

after chambering and slight sanding

back with cover on

so ideas on colours ,pickups etc are all open,anny commens or constructive criticism plz post too.thanks
Quote by guitarcam123
i don't like the shape, but its looking good

yeah i wasnt a huge fan at first but it grew on me and i really like billy gibbons and the style of this guitar in the way that its unique at not many kids my age will have one
I love those guitars. I've always wanted to try one, but I've never seen one in person.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Colours? I think it should be something very bright. Ferrari red or bright yellow.
How much does the body weigh?
you should put faux fur on it
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
you should put faux fur on it

Amen!
I feel a little wiitarded....

Guitars
Aria Diamond 1242
Epiphone Strat Copy
Miscellaneous Strat copy

Other
Crate GX-30M
Vox 412BK Cab (No head )
neck will be bolted on 2moz for pics and 1 bridge humbucker area routed with holes drilled for tOm BRIDGE
all done and ready to be prepped for painting tomorw

overall im extremely happy the way things have come along with this guitar i have had no screwups or mistakes ,like i always do an im am really happy with it,still its gonna be going down to the paint shop 2moz and i dont know what colour i'll do it,i'll have to make my mind up 2moz
very cool!

those cow sheets are FTW
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
What kind of wood did you use for the top?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by walker-rose
What kind of wood did you use for the top?

ahh it was just custom wood crap (cudnt get anything else) the back and sides are mahogany though so hopefuly that sounds through
what is custom wood crap?

It looks like MDF, i thought it was your template :\

and, don't say 2moz, it sounds like your some 13 year old girl texting her friends...
after 1 coat of primer ,and other primers have been done will be painted soon,the block of wood is stoping the neck pocket from getting paint in it and so its easy to hold when being sprayed

^ the cheapo pickup will do for now
the neck pocket will still have paint it in since that block of wood doesn't cover the whole pocket, you should have masked it off to be safe
Quote by guitarcam123
the neck pocket will still have paint it in since that block of wood doesn't cover the whole pocket, you should have masked it off to be safe

yea i have masked the pocket aswell as an extra pre-caution im not quite that dumb ,i do confess sometimes i can be pretty darn stupid though
Quote by guitarcam123
and, don't say 2moz, it sounds like your some 13 year old girl texting her friends...

you do too. You used your wrong. Should read "you're." Learn some grammar and then comment on people's use of language.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
it has had its last coat of primer and been sanded and will be getting pianted this week and hopefully all done next saturday
all right so the guitar is all painted and pretty much ready to go ,will have pics tonight of it put together
Quote by Ippon
That is looking sweet! Do it in Red or White with pinstripes like Billy's custom! Have you considered the Guitar Fetish Retroton PUs? http://store.guitarfetish.com/vintagestyle.html It'll bring it closer to the looks and sounds of the Billy Bo, perhaps.

Post more pics! We're pic sluts here.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, apparently most of filtertron style pickups are rubbish apart from the memphis, which sounds not unlike a rickenbacker toaster.

I'm definately looking forwards to seeing how this turns out, I've always thought Billy Bos look so ugly they're cool.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
i have not yet put the pickup in or fully wired or put strap locks on it yet but here it is
also note the photos dont show the actualy colour to well it is alot darker

That's what I was going to ask. It almost looks like it's been lacquered.
Quote by Baconfish
That's what I was going to ask. It almost looks like it's been lacquered.

clear coats it feels really good though will get some better pics soon
You clear coated rosewood?
Quote by apak
you do too. You used your wrong. Should read "you're." Learn some grammar and then comment on people's use of language.

No, he doesn't sound like a 13 year old girl by saying "your" instead of "you're". Sure, he (Cam) may not have the best grammar, but he wasn't telling the guy to get perfect grammar. He was telling the guy to not look like an idiot. Which is, ironically, what you have made yourself appear as, by producing nothing useful to this thread, and the only thing you did produce was some grammar bashing.
Oh, and by the way, you didn't capitalize the "y" in "You". I would suggest reading your post (That I quoted), replace the Cam-grammar bashing with my capitalization bashing, and then apply it to yourself.
Have a nice day.
Quote by DANGERSTRANGER
clear coats it feels really good though will get some better pics soon

Though I absolutely love the finish (It looks very Billy Bo), and I think the build is fantastic (Perfect cutting, routing, etc.), I don't think you should've clear coated the fretboard. Clear-coating for feel, on a fretboard, isn't a good idea for several reasons.

1. You shouldn't even be feeling the fretboard when you play anyway. Bad technique. It means you're pressing down too hard on the strings, putting them slightly out of tune. It will also make vibratos, bends, and slides harder.

2. Now, unless you have awesome taping/spraying skillz, you've got clearcoat on the frets. That's going to make a mess when you play.

3. Since rosewood is very porous, and it looks like you didn't use filler on the rosewood, the clearcoat isn't level, giving it a messy, wet, and sloppy look.

Other than the fretboard, that was a brilliant build! I can't wait to see it completely installed and with sound clips!

it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Baby Joel, (I always read Billy Joel), your post was wise, very wise indeed.

Now altough I do not like the body shape, (my first impresion, was that it was going to be a double neck guitar, as the Kyle Gass Pussy guitar, because of the symetrical shape) I do admire your work, and I want to point out, that it is a very nice build, very interesting for shure.

Cheers