Hey everyone! I'm new here! Well I decided as a project for the summer I'm going to start to build a guitar. I decided (For simplicity's sake and cost.) that I'd start with an acoustic. I found a nice and cheap kit (Which is just what I want so I am able to make some screw ups.). This guitar is gonna be a fun project and mainly cosmetic. Something nice to hang up in my room. It's going to be themed and in tribute to my favorite band, Aerosmith! (Who i saw 2 weeks ago w/ ZZ Top!) Well this looks great, I've done research, I know what tools I need ect; It's just I want the headstock to be a Gibson style one. I'm planning on just trimming the neck that the kit comes with. Now I HAVE used the search bar and I checked Google but just can't find plans or a template for a gibson style headstock. I was wondering if anyone has a template they could post? I could tape it on and trim it. Or maybe if someone w/ a guitar that has that style could draw up a template? If anyone could post one it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! (Also any starting advice is welcome!
I pm'd you, btw.
I have a LP neck template, not sure if Metalwarrior40 wants me to give them out.
..I was watching my death.
The template I sent you, I believe you have to use 200% scaling or something like that, Search for the thread called "Ultimate templates thread" and it has the instructions in it.
Quote by AeroFloyd
I decided (For simplicity's sake and cost.) that I'd start with an acoustic.

Anybody miss this bit?

Just for your information Sir, an Acoustic build...kit or no kit, is harder than a solid body electric, by quite some way.

Most guitar builders start with a solid electric and work their way up to an acoustic, not the other way around.

Not that there is anything wrong with what you are doing, I applaud it and look forward to seeing the project develop, so lot's of pics on here please dude
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Skeet UK
Anybody miss this bit?

I didn't, I just chose not to reply. I was toying with the idea of embarrasing him... But I was in sortof a good mood. The mood that you just bought 90 ucks worth of stuff for your new pedal, but you realize you got the wrong thing, and realized you only needed 2 switches, all costing less than the 3 you bought already. Good feeling.