I've been in the market for a new acoustic for a while, and as soon as I get my student loan, I'm grabbing a new acoustic guitar. However I don't want to spend any more than 1000 and I'd rather spend closer to 700.

I've really fallen in love with the Martin D-16gt and RGT. I like them both equally. But I've been watching more and more people play Breedlove guitars and I must admit, I like being able to access high frets while not having the guitar sound like it's missing part of it's body.

I can grab a D-16gt for anywhere from 600 to about 850 for the rosewood version. And I was looking into the Atlas for Breedlove. Maybe the performer version.

Should I stick to the Martin which I've thoroughly tested, or should I consider looking into this breedlove? I've heard good and bad things about Martin's $1000 guitars and I've only heard praise for Breedlove.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
when spending that kind of money you definitely want to try out all your options. id recommend checking out the breedlove and anything else that catches your fancy just to be sure you dont spend so much on the guitar thats not the "one" for you. i also would recommend checking out the epiphone masterbilts. i have a friend with one and he loved it.
Yeah I have checked out a lot of options. Nixed Taylors, I hate their low end stuff, nixed guild, not really my thing, nixed epiphone, not my thing again and same with Gibson. I liked Blueridge a lot, but I felt if I was dropping a grand, I'd rather get a Martin than an imitator. I was really set on this D-16gt until I saw this kid playing a Breedlove and asked if I could try it.

I really think I would be quite content with either guitar. I've always wanted a cutaway, but never felt like sacrificing too much volume.

Which one would be a better guitar? The Martin has all solid wood going for it, but really, my teacher has an old Martin with Laminate sides that is one hell of a guitar.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Give Breedlove a chance. Very nice guitars.

*waits for Keenan to come in and say Breedlove*
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Breedloves' actions tends to be alittle too high for my tastings, but I suppose you can always get that fixed.

I say +1 for Martin
I'm sure that the people who claims that cutaway sacrifices the volume wouldn't be able to hear the difference in a blindfolded comparison.

Anyway, I'm quite content with my Stage model, sounds great and looks great too.
I don't have a cutaway and I'll still attest that you will not really be able to notice the sound difference between cutaway and non-cutaway.

Anyway, I have a D-16RGT and it's a great guitar. If you can pick one for as low as $850 then you're getting quite a steal. I bought mine for about $1200CAD and then added about $250 for the M1A pickup and another 14% in taxes on top of that.

Definitely try out some Breedloves as well before you decide.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.