Hey. I'm about half way through installing a bigsby F5 on my tele and am having 2 setbacks, i think. First of all, the tune-omatic bridge posts are loose fitting in the inserts that you drill out and insert for holding the bridge. Is it possible I have the wrong bridge or inserts? Can't see it staying in tune too good if the bridge can rock back and fourth. Also, what would be the best thing to shim the neck with? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers all!!!!
What tele is this that has a TOM?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Bigsbys use a TOM bridge :P

Anyways, I'm not sure, but I know Jazzmasters and Jaguar tremolos, which have a similar mechanism, are set up to have a rocking bridge, where the bridge moves back and forth as you use it to eliminate the risk of strings catching onto the bridge, and other stuff.

If it doesn't work, you could always wrap electric tape around the bridge posts. I've seen people do that.
Well I know bigsbys use a TOM, I'm installing one right now on my SG. Why aren't you using the Tele B5 bigsby kit? The one with the replacement bridge and all that jazz. Way more stable and easier to install!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I am using the tele b5 kit with F logo. I comes with a TOM bridge. I had to remove the ameican standard bridge for the install. It won't fit with the F style f5. also with the indiviual saddles, you can't notch it out and use original bridge like yopu would be able to with an ashtray 3 saddle bridge. Thanks for the info on the rocking bridge, i guess it makes sense so i will continue with the install and try the tape thing if I am not satisfied. Sid, I think that SG is gonna be bad ass with the bigsby and new pickup config. Cheers guys, and thanks for the discussions. The only thing left original on my tele is the neck and body. Total hot rod!! :-)
601210, you were right. They are supposed to be loose fitting so they can rock back and fourth. I just received a response from Bigsby themselves. Thanks again.