It is very likely I will be buying a used XXX head tomorrow, but the seller doesn't have the footswitch. It's looking really hard to track one done on ebay or craigslist. I was wondering if a JSX footswitch would work?

Thanks

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
It is very likely I will be buying a used XXX head tomorrow, but the seller doesn't have the footswitch. It's looking really hard to track one done on ebay or craigslist. I was wondering if a JSX footswitch would work?

Thanks

you can use a wide range of footswitches, due to the fact that their are alot of manufacturers. I'm not sure about the JSX but i'd say it probably will..
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Well I know it has to be a 3 button footswitch at least, because it is a 3 channel amp, so something like a Valveking footswitch won't work.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
I thought I read somewhere that Peavey uses their own input for their footswitches.

Go me. I have a JSX and don't know this. But I think it's pretty safe to assume a JSX switch will work with a XXX.
Quote by ChrisBW
I thought I read somewhere that Peavey uses their own input for their footswitches.

Go me. I have a JSX and don't know this. But I think it's pretty safe to assume a JSX switch will work with a XXX.

That's what I've heard. The labels on the switch are different though.

JSX Switch has Clean, Ultra, FX Loop
XXX Switch has Clean, Crunch, Ultra

Not sure if that makes a difference though.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Yeah, peavey amps have their own input for their footswitches just so you buy their overpriced ones.
--------------------------------
GEAR
Guitars----
Aria:Ariana
Ibanez:RG7321
Peavey:Raptor Sig. series
Peavey:EXP Sig. series
ESP LTD: V-500
Amplifiers----
Orange 2X12 cab
Peavey: JSX
Peavey: XXL
Quote by Drew Dolezal
Yeah, peavey amps have their own input for their footswitches just so you buy their overpriced ones.

Actually Valveking switches are standard 1/4"

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
That's what I've heard. The labels on the switch are different though.

JSX Switch has Clean, Ultra, FX Loop
XXX Switch has Clean, Crunch, Ultra

Not sure if that makes a difference though.

Hmm.. Ok for the JSX switch if no LED is on it's on the crunch channel. Red LED is ultra, Green is clean, and Yellow is FX. Also if the ultra is on, you only have to hit the clean switch to get the clean channel and you don't need to turn off the ultra... i.e. if the ultra and clean LEDs are both on, the clean channel is engaged.

ANYWAY I guess it might work but maybe not? I really don't know.
Hmmm thanks for the info.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
Actually Valveking switches are standard 1/4"

Gotcha didn't know that I guess most of their other amps use their 7 pin one.

Which looks like...

Sorry it's blurry I just did it real quick on my phone.
Actually I stand corrected guys, I am sure the JSX Switch will work now. It uses the same 7 pin connector and now that I found a XXX manual online, the labeling is even identical. I think they are actually the same exact switch.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by SOADriff
you can use a wide range of footswitches, due to the fact that their are alot of manufacturers. I'm not sure about the JSX but i'd say it probably will..

Theres one manufacturer which is far from a wide range when it comes to these amps...

Also TS you can always get one made from peavey or get a pedal builder to build you one if you cant find one that snycs up correctly. The JSX switch might work but Peavey is known to switch wires around on purpose to make it where everything will not function properly.
Yeah the din pin configuration might be slightly different between the two. They may both have 7 pins, but the pins might be assigned to do different things for each amp.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Also if you are handy with a iron you can build one yourself.

Heres the one I built for me Peavey Ultra Plus 120 (It was the Triple before the triple came out )... Had the same issue so took matters into my own hands..