This has been bugging the crap out of me forever. i've wanted an esp ltd ex 400 for a while, and when i finally decide to get one they discontinue them! but then there was the ex 401, which i looked into it alot and im like "huh. its about the same thing." so i order a new one. then my friend tells me about these esps. and certain ones are made in certain contries. he said the ex 400 were made in korea and the 401's are made in china. and ive been trying to find something online that says where its made but i cant find crap. i also heard that theyre made in indonesia..?

if anyone knows can someone pleaseee tell me where ex 400 and 401's are actually made? cause i dont even know if my friend is right cause he cannn tend to be wrong sometimes so i just wanna make sure. also i heard guitars made in china arent as good..?
Last edited by DayWalkerRocker at Jul 9, 2009,
It's made in Indonesia.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Probably, although it ultimately comes down to the quality of the individual factory.

There's no rule that if it's made in China it's of a low quality, it just works out that way because the company is probably trying to make something as cheaply as possible.
My Gear
Marshall MG10 + Digitech RP350 multi-fx
Dean ZX
B52 AT-100
MXR 10-Band EQ Pedal
ESP LTD KH-Ouija Sig
400 = Korea
401 = Indonesia (as stated in the above posts)
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
labor is cheaper in some countries than others.
i'd get a 400 if you can but it's no big deal if you have to go with a 401, just play it before you buy it.
I've played a 400 several times and I love them. My second question essentially coming from my first message is if there is any real difference in the guitars itself besides where its manufactured?
i think this list sums up guitar quality in the east:

1.Japan(MIJ)
2.Korea(MIK)
3.Indonesia(MII)
4.China(MIC)

hope this helps
My Gear (prepare to be amazed)

Squire Affinity Strat HSS

Yamaha FD02

Fender Bullet 150 DSP amp
yea it does, thanks! so getting a 401 from indonesia probably shouldn't be that much different than getting a 400 from korea?
Quote by DayWalkerRocker
yea it does, thanks! so getting a 401 from indonesia probably shouldn't be that much different than getting a 400 from korea?

well my squire was made in indonesia and it came perfect out of the box the quality was great(only had to change the strings ) but like all guitars it has its problems but i would rather get a guitar from indonesia than china anyday.........

Yamaha FD02

Ahhh yeaa cause i hear alll the time about china and their guitar manufacturing...lol but yea i was so mad for a day or two cause i ordered the 401 and my friend told me that the 400's were made in Korea (which he's right) and 401's were made in china. i was like. wtf dude haha but he was wrongg!
Quote by DayWalkerRocker
Ahhh yeaa cause i hear alll the time about china and their guitar manufacturing...lol but yea i was so mad for a day or two cause i ordered the 401 and my friend told me that the 400's were made in Korea (which he's right) and 401's were made in china. i was like. wtf dude haha but he was wrongg!

lol dont worry dude your gonna be alright heres to indonesia

Yamaha FD02

Indonesia are capable of making some kickass guitars. *looks affectionately at my EX-400*

Korea makes the PRS SE axes, and they're also very kickass. So, you'll be fine, mate.

Personally, I'd get the ESP EX just for the sake of having ESP on the headstock instead of LTD, heh.
Don't forget MIV (Made in Vietnam) where some LTD's are also made.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Arzei
Indonesia are capable of making some kickass guitars. *looks affectionately at my EX-400*

Korea makes the PRS SE axes, and they're also very kickass. So, you'll be fine, mate.

Personally, I'd get the ESP EX just for the sake of having ESP on the headstock instead of LTD, heh.

thanks guys! very reassuring

so arzei, your ex 400 was made in indonesia? i thought 400s were made in korea?
no thanks icarium, i already ordered my ex 401 but the reason i asked this question is cause i already ordered it and my friend told me the 401s are made in china. so i was worried for a little while! lol
My ibanez is from Japan , its awesome and im planning to buy Ltd EX - 401
If the guitar is good then does it matter where it was made?

Edit: Don't bump old thread...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Feb 25, 2010,
The quality of guitars made in Indonesia is far worse than ones made in China. Chinese made guitars are just as good if not better than Korean made guitars. Other guitars to stay away from are made in India and Vietnam they are just as bad as ones made in Indonesia. You can find a decent Indonesian made guitar but it's very hit and miss.

As far as guitars made in Japan they are highly over rated they are not bad but far from the pedestal people have put them on and very overpriced.

John
Quote by tume
My ibanez is from Japan , its awesome and im planning to buy Ltd EX - 401

Cool Story Bro but really totally unnecessary bumpage of old thread.
I really have to look at the original post dates not the most recent ones. The mods here rally have to shut these threads down or archive them so this doesn't keep happening.

John