hey guys.

Getting a bit tired of my tone with no pedals so i'm wondering if you guys know a good distortion pedal i could use to give my tone a boost? thanks.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
seems alot of people with a VK use a bad monkey to boost it. maybe check one of those out.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
seems alot of people with a VK use a bad monkey to boost it. maybe check one of those out.

i've heard good things, but i've also heard the tone on bad monkeys is limited.
Quote by Mad Marius
It is pretty limited. It's good to just give your amp more volume and gain as well as a bit more "oomph" and tightness, but not much other than that. Still, it's worth the 50 or 60 dollars one pays for it IMO.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^ Or you can just get a new amp. Honestly, for the amount of money you'll need to spend on OD, EQ and new Speaker to get a mildly good tone, you could just sell the amp, and use that money along with the money saved to get a new amp.

What I'm saying is, if you're getting tired of your tone, dressing up the Valveking won't help.
Quote by michal23
^ Or you can just get a new amp. Honestly, for the amount of money you'll need to spend on OD, EQ and new Speaker to get a mildly good tone, you could just sell the amp, and use that money along with the money saved to get a new amp.

What I'm saying is, if you're getting tired of your tone, dressing up the Valveking won't help.

I actually recently discovered a trick which gives the vk a significant gain boost, and i like the tone alot more now. Don't be so harsh on VK's, im not whinging on the tone at all, i was just looking for a slight boost. they are great amps for the money.
Quote by Mad Marius