I have decided I am going to make all of my pedals my self, to cut down on costs, and to keep me occupied over the summer.

My first pedal-Aa/Ab/C Switcher

Second Pedal-May Queen Treble Boost/Overdrive

I will talk about my first pedal now.
It is an Aa/Ab/C switcher, Where,
Aa is channel 1 on my Ampeg VT-40(w/ lower channel volume)
Ab is channel 2 on my Ampeg VT-40(w/ high channel volume)
C is my Line 6 Spider II(Which I will be replacing)

I have the wiring diagram for it, including the Op-Amp. I drew out the Aa/Ab/C switcher, and the op-amp is from Muzique.com

As you can see, I've messed up on the Aa/Ab channel selector, where it should actually be an SPDT switch, rather than 2 Push-to-Make switches.
I should have that fixed soon, and I'll return the 2 DPDT switches I bought.-Fixed

I have got all the stuff I need, except for the TL071 Op-Amp, which is the main part of this whole project.

Before I go on, I'd like to thank jof1029, and SYK, for helping me out in a previous thread(not mine).

Hopefully, I will get some pics up tonight, If I can find the camera.
..I was watching my death.
Last edited by timbit2006 at Jul 9, 2009,
I got the pic

(Easter Egg:look in the far right side, my cat has her head stuck in a bag handle)
(Luckily I had my video camera on the tripod next to my computer! I got the whole running around trying to get the bag off part)
It may seem like the soldering Iron is touhing the PC Board, have no fear, it isn't touching.

I'm hoping the part I need is carried in another electronics store in Kelowna(Forgot the name)
There are no Radioshacks BTW, The ****ty Circuit City bought all 3 locations in Kelowna. I'm quite sure Circuit Sity doesn't carry TL071, or a 1M resistor for that matter.

Does anyone know what a uF is? It's in the op-amp diagram above, and When Wikipedia doesn't help, you know your screwed.
what does it convert to?
I have a Capacitator that says 1042 LK, is that the 0.1 uF Capacitator, or is that the 10 uF capacitator?
Quote by timbit2006

Does anyone know what a uF is? It's in the op-amp diagram above, and When Wikipedia doesn't help, you know your screwed.

haha it's not actually uF it's "mu" F. It means "microfarad". You will almost always see caps measured in microfarads because the farad itself is a HUGE amount of capacitence, i remember there is an equation to measure the surface area of the plates on a capacitor and we worked out a 20 farad capacitor in physics to be something like 1.2 MILES squared or something insane like that.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by littlephil
uF is a measure of capacitance.

yes, it stands for micro farads. the farad is the unit of capacitance, but because of the way it's derived 1 farad represents an enormous capacitance. most caps experienced in everyday life are micro (u, although that's just shorthand for the greek letter mu i think.) pico etc. it's important not to get them micro, pico etc. cunfused, cos they differ by a factor of thousands, millions etc.
Last edited by jimRH7 at Jul 9, 2009,
Hmmm, I understand all that stuff now, Farads are huge and everything, but I still don't get what this LK is, or it might say UK
it says
LK

It is nowhere on that link littlephil sent me.

Does anyone know what the approximite shipping times from Small Bear are? It's across borders into canada. I'm wondering if I should start my search for the 2 parts I need, or order from there.
What kind of capacitor is is? Do you have a multimeter that can measure capacitance?
Last edited by littlephil at Jul 9, 2009,
I have DCV, Ohms, ACV, DCA,10A,hFE,Diode
Then theres some weird circle thing, that has NPN, PNP.

I found a link to a similar one.
mines a M830B, from Princess Auto
http://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/meters/1096rng.jpg
Not same one, but same idea.

EDIT: The receipt says it's a 50V Disk Cap.
Does that help at all?
Hmm, Ceramic disc caps usually have a 3 number code. I dont know what 1042 means, could be a manufacturers part number or something else.
Does the cap have anything else printed on it?
It could possibly be 1o42, or 1o4Z, 104Z. Could be any of those.

EDIT: It looks like a really small tylenol, with 2 wires coming out.
What does everyone reccomend me for a pedal? I don't want it to be a fuzzface or tube crunch, or something like that. That's the purpose of this pedal, to get the real tube sounds out of my tube amp.

It can't be too complicated though.

I can't think anymore. stayed up 'till 3:30 2 nights in a row, and 1:00 every other night, sometimes 2:00, sometimes 1:30.
Damn you time!

EDIT: Thanks littlephil! Now I know what to order/buy.
I can remember at the store, I showed the guy the circuit diagram, and he said something around, 10uF? That's high. Something along that, but in more technical terms. He said like 10000Msomethings
How would I cut PC Board in half? Like the one shown in pic?
I don't really want to make my pedal that wide!

I thought of an enclosure to use. Either a Cakepan or Browniepan
or
A munitions box from WW2. My dad says there's smaller ones, but I don't believe him. I guess I'm going to Army Surplus Store, then Princess Auto. Then I could name my pedal "The Military Switcher"
Does anyone know if a plastic box would work?
That's all I can find in Kelowna, except a drill bit case at Princess Auto(perfect size) But it's filled with drill bits, and costs 40 bucks.(I already have enough bits, 2 cases already)

Mouser has them, but I'm not sure if I'm ordering the other 2 parts I need from there.
Quote by timbit2006
Does anyone know if a plastic box would work?
That's all I can find in Kelowna, except a drill bit case at Princess Auto(perfect size) But it's filled with drill bits, and costs 40 bucks.(I already have enough bits, 2 cases already)

Mouser has them, but I'm not sure if I'm ordering the other 2 parts I need from there.

haha i used a router bit box for my guitar footswitch box. Well i'm sure a plastic box would be fine, it doesn't HAVE to be fancy or anything, does it?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I'm not sure if I can use plastic, becuase it has to be grounded. Is there some alternate way of grounding a circuit?
you could get some sheet-metal, and make a box...
im gonna make a mask when i cbf finding some sheetmetal ere in my crappy town :p
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
I wish I still had access to the schools shop, they have everything I need there. Then, I could make a sheet metal box.
I was thinking maybe a lunch box could work(one of the ancient tin ones) But it'd have to be pretty damn strong, although, I could reinforce it a bit.
I have got nowhere yet,
I'm hoping to order the 2 things I need(and maybe a box) tomorrow, well, I guess today. It's 2AM.

On my op-amp buffer, why does it have so many arms? Do I need to use all of them? On my schematic, it says,
Pin7=V+(Positive voltage)
Pin 4=Ground

What do I do with all the other pins?
I have found a better wholesale location than the one store I found before. Interior Electronics is the name. And,
Guess What? They have my part I need. Also,
There Head Office is in Kelowna, along with there warehouse, So I don't need to wait at all to get what I need.(I just hope it isn't in West Kelowna, that place is on fire, Literally)