Page 1 of 4
they're funny sometimes but not because it's about drummers, you could fit them around any person. drums are cool
Its just because you don't get them.

Are you a drummer by any chance?
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Drummers are known for being less adequate than guitar players when it comes to intelligience.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
lol I'm not a drummer although I do wanna learn i just don't get why we chose drummers out of all the rest
Most people assume that drummers are less intelligent, because drummers just hit things while guitarists play complex notes.
people think they arent intelligent because their instrument supposidly takes no knowledge to use. you just smash things xD
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Drummers can be joked about.

Drummers/percussionists can not.

It's in the rulebook.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
who cares they'll never get them.

EDIT: DAMMIT!

they come about because people think the instrument takes no intelligence to play.
Drumming requires the same intellect as a monkey picking up ants from an ant hole with a stick.

While playing bass requires the same intellect as the ants being picked up.
Drummers don't need to worry about stage performance or musical theory, wich makes them lazy. And that's were we come in, jealous about the fact that they don't have to study anything, we come up with jokes about them.
What is the difference between a drummer and a large pizza?

A large pizza can feed a family of four.

Yeah, every drummer that I have played with has been.... a tad slow...
April is the cruellest month, breeding Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing Memory and desire, stirring Dull roots with spring rain
but theres jokes for everykind of musician. guitarists, bassits, singers, orchestra players, everything so.....
Schecter Damien FR
Boss GE-7 EQ
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by TheXBlackening
What is the difference between a drummer and a large pizza?

A large pizza can feed a family of four.

Yeah, every drummer that I have played with has been.... a tad slow...

That's what she said :p

That's the thing, for drummers... that would actually be what she said.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

Last edited by andrew12398 at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by InvaderTSN
Don't they need to tune drums and stuff to key of what's being played, though?

Yes. Or at least that's what band has taught me....
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Quote by The_Bosstone
At least there not bassists.

Quote by KreatorRage
This.

Quote by The_Bosstone
Drumming requires the same intellect as a monkey picking up ants from an ant hole with a stick.

While playing bass requires the same intellect as the ants being picked up.

Because they can't hear you while you're making fun of them
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Drums tie the band together so I dislike drummer jokes. And playing drums is more complicated than people make it seem. And no, I am not a drummer.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Drums tie the band together so I dislike drummer jokes. And playing drums is more complicated than people make it seem. And no, I am not a drummer.

Dave?
Is that you?
Quote by GuitarGod_92

It actually depends. Some drummers use actual theory and stuff in their playing, and others are totally self-taught and just go straight to bashing away at the set.
Quote by Zinnie

Quote by Zinnie
people think they arent intelligent because their instrument supposidly takes no knowledge to use. you just smash things xD

...are you a drummer?
Quote by wlcm2themachine
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Quote by ChemicalFire
You sir, are a god amongst men

MY GEAR:
...apparently, i have too much. i cant list it without going over the character limit.
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Sometimes. Anyone with a basic sense of rhythm could bang out a snare kick snare kick rhythm, but some of the more complicated stuff is, well, more complicated.
Quote by Fender52604
...are you a drummer?

nosir, was just saying why people tell them. i tell jokes about all musicians
Schecter Damien FR
Boss GE-7 EQ
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by tom1thomas1
lol I'm not a drummer although I do wanna learn i just don't get why we chose drummers out of all the rest

The jokes are a typical stereotype of drummers, usualy something along the lines of a neanderthalic maniac that has a fixation with hitting things. Many may say that it is an unfare stereotype, but personaly I've met plenty of drummers that match the stereotype perfectly.
But it's not just drummers, all musicians have a stereotype. Guitarists are vain and bossy, singers are vain and lazy, bassists are boring and a bit thick and keyboardists are boffins obsessed with pressing buttons.

It's all just a bit of fun really and no one should take it too seriously. My own drummer for instance absolutely loves drummer jokes.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by SlackerBabbath
The jokes are a typical stereotype of drummers, usualy something along the lines of a neanderthalic maniac that has a fixation with hitting things. Many may say that it is an unfare stereotype, but personaly I've met plenty of drummers that match the stereotype perfectly.
But it's not just drummers, all musicians have a stereotype. Guitarists are vain and bossy, singers are vain and lazy, bassists are boring and a bit thick and keyboardists are boffins obsessed with pressing buttons.

my band is that stereotype.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
the reason is because there are a lot of dumb drummers out there, enough for there to be a stereotype. it's the same as black jokes, blonde jokes, etc. it's not true about all of them by any means, and it's over-exaggerated, but that's the way it is.

same with bassists, yea there are plenty of badass bassists, but there are tons that just barely knew how to play a guitar and were given a bass just so they could fill in an empty spot in the band.

edit:

Quote by mrchrono
We tease purely because we know it'll piss them off. I don't know anyone out there who genuinely believes drummers to be invaluable or anything. It's just teasing. For lulz.

you've got the meaning of invaluable backwards:

invaluable (comparative more invaluable, superlative most invaluable)

1. Of great value; costly, precious, priceless.
2. Very useful.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by mrcrono
We tease purely because we know it'll piss them off. I don't know anyone out there who genuinely believes drummers to be invaluable or anything. It's just teasing. For lulz.
+1

Despite what I said before, its impossible to deny that this doesn't take talent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgag41FJuys
Quote by SlackerBabbath

you've got the stereotype wrong

LEAD guitar: bossy, selfish, vain
RHYTHM guitar: introverted, shy, genius
BASS: under appreciated, sensitive, push over
keyboardists: condescending
Singers: vain, bossy, fickle, lazy
drummers: stupid. totally nuts (in most great rock band, the "crazy" part of the stereotype is usually true, keith moon, bonham, baker, etc.)
Quote by The4thHorsemen
the reason is because there are a lot of dumb drummers out there, enough for there to be a stereotype. it's the same as black jokes, blonde jokes, etc. it's not true about all of them by any means, and it's over-exaggerated, but that's the way it is.

same with bassists, yea there are plenty of badass bassists, but there are tons that just barely knew how to play a guitar and were given a bass just so they could fill in an empty spot in the band.

How many bassists does it take to change a lightbulb?
Just one, but the guitarist has to show him how to do it first.

Why does a bass have 4 strings?
3 are spares.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

drummers: stupid. totally nuts (in most great rock band, the "crazy" part of the stereotype is usually true, keith moon, bonham, baker, etc.)

Pretty accurate I'd say.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Are you a rhythm guitar player?
Quote by The_Bosstone
+1

Despite what I said before, its impossible to deny that this doesn't take talent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgag41FJuys

Was I supposed to see something special?
Quote by Zinnie

Page 1 of 4