hey, I'm thinkin on gettin a jackson ke3....now if it's made in USA i know it's good quality.However if it's made in Japan is it still high quality?and which contries should i stay clear off,accept china ofcourse i know quality sucks there.
You need to get away from that way of thinking. There is nothing magical about making a guitar here that prevents crappy axes from coming off the line. The only reason it sometimes seems that way is that it's so expensive to pay American workers that only the highest end guitars can still turn a profit. Good guitars come from China, and bad guitars come from China. It's YOU who need to do the research (and in person playing) to find out which. The same goes various other countries. Garbage guitars are garbage guitars because they were designed and manufactured as garbage guitars out of garbage materials with garbage machines, not because they were made by a dude from a "garbage country"

That said, it's nearly as expensive to make something in Japan as it is to make it here. Usually only very expensive (and thus USUALLY good quality) models come from Japan.
Last edited by Blaster Bob at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by Blaster Bob
You need to get away from that way of thinking. There is nothing magical about making a guitar here that prevents crappy axes from coming off the line. The only reason it sometimes seems that way is that it's so expensive to pay American workers that only the highest end guitars can still turn a profit. Good guitars come from China, and bad guitars come from China. It's YOU who need to do the research (and in person playing) to find out which.

That said, it's nearly as expensive to make something in Japan as it is to make it here. Usually only very expensive (and thus USUALLY good quality) models come from Japan.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Quote by Blaster Bob
You need to get away from that way of thinking. There is nothing magical about making a guitar here that prevents crappy axes from coming off the line. The only reason it sometimes seems that way is that it's so expensive to pay American workers that only the highest end guitars can still turn a profit. Good guitars come from China, and bad guitars come from China. It's YOU who need to do the research (and in person playing) to find out which. The same goes various other countries. Garbage guitars are garbage guitars because they were designed and manufactured as garbage guitars out of garbage materials with garbage machines, not because they were made by a dude from a "garbage country"

I agree, some "foreign" guitars are very nice. But I'm inspired by that San Dimas CA, Kalamazoo MI USA mojo. Play what you want, I don't care. I just can't rock out on a foreign guitar.
My epiphone came from Korea,and it's a very nice guitar,however I'm sure there are lots of bad guitars coming out of Korea aswell.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
What Blaster Bob said.

But, US, Mexican [Fender], Korean and Japanese guitars are [generally] consistently good.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Blaster Bob

(..)

Low Price japanese guitars doesn't imply that they're bad. Jackson has some nice "budget" japanese models.
Quote by KarlF94
hey, I'm thinkin on gettin a jackson ke3....now if it's made in USA i know it's good quality.However if it's made in Japan is it still high quality?and which contries should i stay clear off,accept china ofcourse i know quality sucks there.

bad mentality i know of a bunch of ****ty usa made guitars as well.