hi,
just wondering, does anyone know if all the bugera reliability issues have been sorted out with the 09's? ive heard a few different things so i'm not sure. also, being 120watt valve amps. they should EASILY have enough power for any band situation yes?
Yes, it should definately be enough. And, I heard the QC is getting better, but I believe there are refunds and repairs on any 'broken' product
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Being as they're actually a branch of Behringer and therefore essentially Behringer's with tubes, as an owner of some Behringer stuff, personally I'd look elsewhere.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by jamesy_pwd
hi,
just wondering, does anyone know if all the bugera reliability issues have been sorted out with the 09's? ive heard a few different things so i'm not sure. also, being 120watt valve amps. they should EASILY have enough power for any band situation yes?

i belive most of the issues have been fixed, i have an older one from early 08, but have been hearing from the new owners that all theres have the upgraded soldering and all. and yes 120 of all tube watts....is louder then you would ever need to be. most tube half stacks are about 100 watts-120 watts. 120 tube watts is like = to 600 watts solid state+ some! hahaha
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by necrosis1193
Being as they're actually a branch of Behringer and therefore essentially Behringer's with tubes, as an owner of some Behringer stuff, personally I'd look elsewhere.

So much fail

Don't knock it til you try it. These things are far and away better than Behringer. Behringer just helped put their name out there.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by necrosis1193

They're actually really good amps.
I'm guessing you haven't tried one

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
I'm guessing you haven't tried one

+10
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Quote by jc349

In what way?
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
In the fact that they are amazing platforms to get good sound at a really low pricepoint?

You grab one for $450-600, toss in $100 worth of tubes and It rivals almost any amp in the $12-1400 price range(new).
Last edited by eXperiment63 at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by eXperiment63
In the fact that they are amazing platforms to get good sound at a really low pricepoint?

You grab one for $450-600, toss in $100 worth of tubes and It rivals any amp in the $1400 price range.

Righhhhhhhhhtttt, or you could get my two amps for a grand combined and not pay a dime to do anything to them.
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
I played a 333XL at a local guitar shop yesterday and I was really surprised. It sounded really, looked cool, plus they are 100% hand made. I tried a 6262 combo earlier and wasn't impressed at all. Then I tried the 333XL Half stack and loved in. The noise gate is a nice feature. Kind of reminds me of the Spider Valve in that way. Very little hum and doesn't feedback when you're trying to adjust a knob. Seemed pretty sturdy too. The XL has EL34's instead of 6L6's like the rest of the amps they make. The crunch channel was good for an 80's rock/metal tone and the lead channel had a really refined sound to it. Not quite as good at scooped metal tones as I'd like, but overall very good for a $650 tube amp. I'm getting one of their cabs for $250 to hook up to my Raven RG60 and my Randall when I get it.
Axes:
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez RG320FM
LTD GUS600
Kramer Striker
Acoustics:
Art & Lutherie CW Antique Burst
Stupid Ovation CC
Washburn 12 String
Amps:
Randall Colossus Head
Randall Century 170 Cab/Head
Fender Acoustasonic
Quote by occub
Righhhhhhhhhtttt, or you could get my two amps for a grand combined and not pay a dime to do anything to them.

Yeah... because most people are gonna find those two for $1000 on a regular basis.

And for the record, I don't think Rectos sound that great. I think they are very highly over-rated. The 900 DR on the other hand sounds amazing.

IMO, The 333XL sounds better than a Recto. Of course, a lot of people will disagree, but it's my pref.
Bugera sounds ok but the real thing sounds better and much more reliable
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by eXperiment63
Yeah... because most people are gonna find those two for $1000 on a regular basis.

And for the record, I don't think Rectos sound that great. I think they are very highly over-rated. The 900 DR on the other hand sounds amazing.

IMO, The 333XL sounds better than a Recto. Of course, a lot of people will disagree, but it's my pref.

I have no problem with anyone saying they dont/do like the way something sounds but......... for that much money it better damn well work, granted a few production problems pop up with everything but I lost a lot of money and time with my Bugera and im going to even out the opinions. Like the one above saying "hand made" come on, really?
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
People are confusing 'value' with 'quality' with this whole bugera thing.
Bugeras are a good value, no question about it. They're cheap, they sound good, tons of features, etc.

However! They're cheap. They're made with cheap materials in a cheap fashion. They had some severe quality issues early on, and those seem to have been sorted, but they're never going to be reliable in the way that a Mesa or an Orange is. They're just not built for that.

Bottom line, they're more reliable than before, but still cheap. Personally I'd feel better with a used 5150/XXX as far as build quality. I wouldn't trust one as a gigging amp.
^well carvins are cheap but they are much more reliable than bugera
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Carvins are 1) sold wholesale (hence cheaper) and 2)less complicated than bugeras.
An amp with 200 parts (carvin) will sacrifice less quality at the same price as one with 500 (bugera).
Quote by Roc8995
Bottom line, they're more reliable than before, but still cheap. Personally I'd feel better with a used 5150/XXX as far as build quality. I wouldn't trust one as a gigging amp.

Bugeras had ONE design flaw. Pretty much every single Bugera that broke down was due to the same exact failure. The clip would melt and the amp lost power. Now that clip is no longer there, and the wires are direct soldered to the board.

From everything I've seen or heard on the net, thre is no more quality control issue. The only people who have ones die now are the old run. That initial run had a damn serious issue, and they corrected it.

--About the hand-made statement. They ARE hand-made. There is a difference between hand-made and point-to-point wired. Hand-made means they are assembled by hand(which they are), point-to-point means they are all run and soldered by hand(which they are not).
There's nothing that has only one design flaw. I've seen bugeras with blown transformers and bad solder joints, so it's not just the clip.

Look, I'm not trying to dump on your amp, but you're fooling yourself if you think you've got a bulletproof amp just because they fixed the most blatant issue. I'm just pointing out that the quality of parts and the workmanship is not what you'd see on more expensive amps, and that I have personally seen evidence to back this up.
Oh I don't think the amp is bulletproof. But it's not like Bugera is the only company that will have a transformer blow or bad solder joints. That happens to EVERY manufacturer. Will it happen a little more with a Chinese-made amp? yeah, it will. Enough to say it won't be reliable? Not really.
See, that's exactly what I'm not saying. My posts were all very careful not to call them unreliable, but rather less reliable than other amps with similar features.

They are without a doubt made more cheaply than many other amps, so while they're not time bombs, I'd feel less comfortable gigging with one than, say, a 5150. That's all. Not unreliable, but 'less' reliable. I'd take one over a B-52 any day though. There's a brand that can't figure out which end of the tube is up.
Quote by Roc8995
See, that's exactly what I'm not saying. My posts were all very careful not to call them unreliable, but rather less reliable than other amps with similar features.

They are without a doubt made more cheaply than many other amps, so while they're not time bombs, I'd feel less comfortable gigging with one than, say, a 5150. That's all. Not unreliable, but 'less' reliable. I'd take one over a B-52 any day though. There's a brand that can't figure out which end of the tube is up.

What Roc has been saying is true...for the tone, Bugera is an incredible VALUE...BUT...this aint no Peavey or Mesa or Hughes and Kettner or Marshall on build quality......HOWEVER....the parts aren't actually too bad by modern manufactoring standards...

Where Bugera ultimately saves their money is EVERYTHING down to last nut and bolt is self made and assembled in Behringer City. Although they seemed to have solved an early issue soldering the highvolt transformer leads directly to the PCB, they still occasionally ship with a bad tube(the only thing they don't manufacture) or one of the tubes wasn't seated properly and red plated right outta the box. In fact, these things ship with loose nuts and bolts...down the main ground screw and transformer bolts...(not good if you have a combo!) Mine arrived with the bias set incorrectly and I never could get the "onboard" bias points to work correctly...A bias probe and the knowledge to do this is a must.

For those of us that have a little mechanical/electrical/tube amp experience...these amps are fairly easy to maintain. You might think about the cost in a set of tubes before you purchase....and even then, you ARE getting a great value if you know how to properly maintain a tube amp.

Definitely NOT an amp for tubenoob...unfortunately at the price I know it's tempting...but you gotta know what yer doing...Capice?

After a little work, I've played a handful of shows and several jams to great success with a 333XL...and there many others I know who gig regularly with Bugera.
well.... im definetly a tubenoob, never owned one, so yeah i got no idea really.. damn
Quote by jamesy_pwd
well.... im definetly a tubenoob, never owned one, so yeah i got no idea really.. damn

If you know a good tech...$20.00 will go a long way and it's not difficult learning how to bias/maintain a tube amp.

These amps sound fricken great in band/jam situation and set up/wired properly seem pretty darn consistant.

Just know what you are getting into with tube amps in general...I've blown up a 5150 and a Marshall before...tubes are voltile and it will eventually happen to ALL of them.