I'm looking at upgrading from my Line 6 Vetta combo (2x12) to an Axe Fx Ultra, my question is as far as running it live, in the studio, practicing etc is there really any advantage to having more than one speaker?

In say a 4x12 combo or something, do the 3 speakers not directly mic'ed bleed into the mic or is it more a volume thing?

I basically want a setup where what I practice with will sound 'exactly' like what my monitor will sound like, which will also be what's coming out of the P.A.

The reason I ask, I'm trying to keep my rig as small as possible. I was running Guitar Rig 2 but I found the Vetta had a more natural sounding tone, and from what I gather the Axe is another step up.

Thoughts, suggestions, flames?
sorry, not entirely following? more bass coming directly from the cab, more bass when a single speaker is mic'ed? or some other form of more bass?
More bass coming from the cab due to it's larger dimensions. How it will sound miced up will depend entirely on the micing technique and the mic used.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
ah, i see. that makes sense.

so as far as running a axe fx i can't really see any advantage of having a big stack instead of just my own frfr wedge and going straight into the pa. or am i missing something?
Well, I would use a cab if you want it to sound like an amp. As good as the cab modelling is, I would still use a cab and mic it becuase that way it would sound the most "natural". That's just me though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
more headroom and more bass. amp modelers sound best through full range PA systems. the sound would also vary depending on the mic position.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
have you looked into the Armin Mod for the Vetta yet?

it provides much better cab models for the vetta and i believe tweaks some effects as well, before you dump another 2 grand on a processor id look into that first as the mod is under 100.00 and a lot of people like it, i myself dont have it installed however
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo