This is going to be a stupid question.....

I have a Hartke HA2500 combo amp. It has a passive input and an active input. I was just messing around today with sub drops on my laptop through my amp and thought.... maybe our drummer can use a pad and have it play through my amp but.... how do I play through the same amp? So I plugged the laptop into the active and my bass into the passive and it worked. But.. is this bad for the amp? Also the bass drop is 55Hz if that helps (my amp handles as low as 36).
I've got the same amp.

I ran vocals through it as well as bass a couple times. I noticed a loss of bass volume.

and I was told that the circuitry wont handle it all that well and will eventually screw something up?

I dunno, my bass teacher has an active/passive inputs and he does it, I do it on my practise amp when I teach and nothing has happened yet.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Yeah, I was planning on running vocals through it as well. Thank for the info.
it probably won't hurt the amp, but you might have issues with some notes or tones
cancelling out other notes or tones when played at the same time.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
it probably won't hurt the amp, but you might have issues with some notes or tones
cancelling out other notes or tones when played at the same time.

I have this occur. it makes for a good wall style effect when I double the the vocal line however.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Slay 'Em
Yeah, I was planning on running vocals through it as well. Thank for the info.

I wouldn't suggest this. it makes the vocals hard to understand, at least in my experience.