I saw a used 90's Marshall JCM900 and 4x12 for sale and the guy was interested in trading for Vox or Fender amps. I have a Vox AC50CPH and 4x12 whcih I got brand new about 4 months ago, I love it but It only really suited my old band (alternative sort of funk-rock grunge inspired indie stuff) I never use it in my new band (Wolfmother/Datsuns Whitestripes inspired Blues/Psychedelic Rock). I offered the guy this plus some money my way since mine is very new and worth quite a bit and he seems keen. I'm just not sure I don't want to rush into it but I do think it would suit my new sound. Currently I'm using an Orange Tiny Terror so I'd probably end up A/Bing them at gigs.
It's a 100w Hi-gain Master Volume MKIII JCM900
heres the link to the amp

and this is my amp
What do you think UG? Good trade? Or should I stick it out with my Vox and find some settings that suit my sound. (Another thing the cabinet for the VOx is RIDICULOUSLY heavy so it's really inconvenient to move around etc, whereas the Marshall has wheels.

Opinions much appreciated.

DRUZEDIT: correction it is a MKiii not ii
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Last edited by druz15_UG at Jul 9, 2009,
Sounds like a good deal to me. Lots of people dislike 900s, but I like them and I think that if you dig them. you should go for it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
a bit off topic, but i wanna hear your new band! Does your band have a myspace?
Quote by LPDC
a bit off topic, but i wanna hear your new band! Does your band have a myspace?

no probs, we're called Honeybone
only 1 demo up atm, but 3 more being recorded atm

DRUZEDIT: looking at your avatar, you should note that the demo is the first song we wrote and is not really in a white stripes style, but we have some really cool ones, we've only been a band for 2 months and already have 4 shows lined up, 2 headlining
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Last edited by druz15_UG at Jul 9, 2009,
If it's a MK III then I would say that it's worth it.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.