Am I the only one who's heard awful things about the AFA?

I've heard they boycotted Girl Scouts because they allowed lesbians to join.

I've also heard they think that any Non-Christians are un-American and are a threat to America.

And then there's the recent argument with Miley Cyrus, in which she messaged a Perez Hilton on Twitter and told him that:

“Everyone deserves to love and be loved and most importantly smile. Jesus loves you and your partner and wants you to know how much he cares! That’s like a daddy not loving his lil boy cuz he’s gay and that is wrong and very sad! Like I said everyone deserves to be happy. God’s greatest commandment is to love. And judging is not loving. I am a Christian and I love you – gay or not – because you are no different than anyone else! We are all God’s children.”

And Donald Wildmon, the President of the American Family Association, responded with:

“Such statements will send the wrong message to our children who are influenced by this teenage megastar. Parents need to realize that Cyrus is not the positive role model she was once thought to be…. Clearly she is confused and does not understand the Bible."

I've read up on the AFA and come to the conclusion that they are moronic.

Anyone else want to share their opinions on the AFA?
Last edited by Blueslushee at Jul 9, 2009,
AFA its just another way the government tries to hide the truth from us.
dont listen to them there trying to brainwash you. BEWARE!!!0.o
Quote by Blueslushee
I'd assume you, since you clicked on the thread.

I click every thread, to see what it's about. Duh.
and where exactly does the AFA get the ability to truthfully interpret the bible? exactly. nowhere. miley cyrus has as much right to interpret the bible as the pope. now what does that say about religion?

(that's a rhetorical question. lay off, guys)
#DTWD
Wannabe Westboro Baptist church. Pfft.

But people like these are annoying.
DeVillains!
This one was obviously about American Family Association from the cleverly named title "American Family Association."

@Aerotrooper:

Lol, like we don't have enough brainwashing groups already.
Quote by Blueslushee

Not a lot of point really, you've already made it apparent, quite concisely I might add, just how stupid these people are.

I must say though that I'm of the opinion that they should be left to their own devices and allowed to spout whatever drivel they please. They seem to be doing a pretty good job of hanging themselves in public opinion, (I mean, seriously, who's more popular in America right now, Miley Cyrus or the AFA?) judging by how moronic Donald Wildmon's statement was. Any rational person would surely disagree with it and it's quite obvious that he is confused and does not understand basic morality.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jul 9, 2009,
Dammit, i just don't understand these people and organisations. I mean it just goes against any morals and human compassion and i just don't know how these people can be so blind to that.

Miley Cyrus may be a dumb talentless media *****, but at least she isn't blinded by faith and if kids take any influence from her, it should be this. It must have been even harder to say that considering that Perez Hilton is such a massive retard.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by Blueslushee
Am I the only one who's heard awful things about the AFA?

I've heard they boycotted Girl Scouts because they allowed lesbians to join.

I've also heard they think that any Non-Christians are un-American and are a threat to America.

And then there's the recent argument with Miley Cyrus, in which she messaged a Perez Hilton on Twitter and told him that:

“Everyone deserves to love and be loved and most importantly smile. Jesus loves you and your partner and wants you to know how much he cares! That’s like a daddy not loving his lil boy cuz he’s gay and that is wrong and very sad! Like I said everyone deserves to be happy. God’s greatest commandment is to love. And judging is not loving. I am a Christian and I love you – gay or not – because you are no different than anyone else! We are all God’s children.”

And Donald Wildmon, the President of the American Family Association, responded with:

“Such statements will send the wrong message to our children who are influenced by this teenage megastar. Parents need to realize that Cyrus is not the positive role model she was once thought to be…. Clearly she is confused and does not understand the Bible."

I've read up on the AFA and come to the conclusion that they are moronic.

There a bunch of bible ****ing idiots from the stone ages - Ignore the dumbarses and move on
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3