I have guitar pro 5.2, and I want to turn the RSE off because it sounds like crap. Under "Sound" in the toolbar, "Use RSE" is grayed out and I can't click it. Same thing with the visual icon beside the play button. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
So your using the midi sounds at the moment because if its greyed out that means you havent installed it ?
I don't think I did... When I had Guitar pro 5.0 everything sounded fine without the RSE, so now that it sounds different I assumed that it was using the RSE.
Oh nevermind I got it figured out. Thanks for the help guys, this can be deleted I guess.
Quote by MarcoD3
Oh nevermind I got it figured out. Thanks for the help guys, this can be deleted I guess.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but it's not worth starting a new one and this is pretty much on the same subject anyway:

Is it just me or does the RSE sound terrible? Maybe I have something setup incorrectly or its the just the presets that are bad?
Also, for GP3 and GP4 files, the engine doesn't work at all, is this correct?

Any help/comments much appreciated
From my experience, yeah, the RSE sounds terrible, especially the drums. But I've never tried downloading any other sound packs or whatever there is...

And I've only worked with GP5 so I'm not sure if it's supposed to work with the others.
i dont mind the crappy sound. as long as it works
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Quote by flibbleflobble
Sorry to hijack this thread, but it's not worth starting a new one and this is pretty much on the same subject anyway:

Is it just me or does the RSE sound terrible? Maybe I have something setup incorrectly or its the just the presets that are bad?
Also, for GP3 and GP4 files, the engine doesn't work at all, is this correct?

Any help/comments much appreciated

The rse does sound terrible. It makes everythink so laggy for me. I don't mind the crappy sound. The rse sucks imo
you gotta use different instruments than the ones it starts you with.

I like doing "overdrive > les paul > american blues", it sounds good to me.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Okeydoke, thanks people

Its the guitars that sound worst. And the basses. And the drums! This is on tabs I have downloaded so I will have a fiddle with the instruments or just turn it off. I guess the sound quality doesn't really matter anyway...
Quote by captaindonut
as long as it works

EDIT: Think it's my computer as each individual track sounds OK with RSE, and 2 tracks at once sound OK too, but try 3 or more tracks and it's all distorted and horrible...
Last edited by flibbleflobble at Jul 25, 2009,