well i have a Peavey vypyr 15w right now and dont reallly like the way the speaker sounds(kinda muddy not crisp) and was thinking of getting a speaker swap...
but im TOTALLY new to this idea and need ALOT of help so plz make recommendations of speakers i should get... i listen to tdwp,killswitch engage anything metal really....or sub genres.so make recommendations what i should be looking for in the sense of what will work and i would preffer a 12'' in speaker and a place to show me how to do it
thanks alot in advance.!
1st: How do you know its the speaker not the amp?
2nd: When you replace the speaker the new one must have the same ohms reading.
3rd: All you have to do is unsolder 2 wires from the old speaker and solder them (on the right solder lugs) on the new speaker.
I have a Vypyr 30 and I use a Celestion G12K-85 with it and it sounds alot better than the stock speaker did. The G12K-85 isn't made anymore but the G12K-100 is pretty much the same speaker.

Quote by guitarcam123
1st: How do you know its the speaker not the amp?
2nd: When you replace the speaker the new one must have the same ohms reading.
3rd: All you have to do is unsolder 2 wires from the old speaker and solder them (on the right solder lugs) on the new speaker.

2. Yes make sure the new speaker has the same ohm rating.
3. On the Vypyrs they're not soldered on they have the slide on connectors.
*My opinion may be invalid because I have not tried the amp*

Don't waste your money on a speaker for a $99 modelling amp. The amp itself is not good enough to warrant the upgrade. It has an 8" speaker so it'd be near damned impossible to fit a 12" in there. Save your money and buy a better amp.
Quote by supergerbil
*My opinion may be invalid because I have not tried the amp*

Don't waste your money on a speaker for a $99 modelling amp. The amp itself is not good enough to warrant the upgrade. It has an 8" speaker so it'd be near damned impossible to fit a 12" in there. Save your money and buy a better amp.

actually theres enough space and yeah i get you saying to save up but i dont know when ill get a 300 and budget..... so for a quick fix i was thinking of switching the speaker just to boost my overall sound a bit. I also have another question??? on some speakers its says 100w, 50w,60w,20w,40w,and what not...... does that matter??
or is it just the ohms that matter? thanks if you could answer this that would be great.!:}
Quote by AEROTROOPER159
actually theres enough space and yeah i get you saying to save up but i dont know when ill get a 300 and budget..... so for a quick fix i was thinking of switching the speaker just to boost my overall sound a bit. I also have another question??? on some speakers its says 100w, 50w,60w,20w,40w,and what not...... does that matter??
or is it just the ohms that matter? thanks if you could answer this that would be great.!:}
there's enough space, but there's only a 7-1/2 inch hole. i hope you're planning on cutting a larger hole and drilling all new mounting holes.

the "w" indicates watts. this is how much power the speaker can safely handle without burning up. usually a factor of 2 is a nice conservative approach. you have a 15w amp use a speaker that can handle 30w.

also look for the sensitivity rating (spl/w/meter) higher is better.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
there's enough space, but there's only a 7-1/2 inch hole. i hope you're planning on cutting a larger hole and drilling all new mounting holes.

the "w" indicates watts. this is how much power the speaker can safely handle without burning up. usually a factor of 2 is a nice conservative approach. you have a 15w amp use a speaker that can handle 30w.

also look for the sensitivity rating (spl/w/meter) higher is better.

what if i got some thing with 8 ohms (my amp has 4 ohms)
is this safe?
or possible?