Page 1 of 2
Hey guys.

I'm bored out of my mind, but that ddidn'T bother me lately because I knew that I was soon going to Italy for a week.

My uncle lent alot of money to some guy and the guy couldn't pay him back, so instead, he gave my uncle his holiday house in Italy, and we're allowed to use it.

Doesn't sound all to bad does it?....WRONG.

When I heard about this holiday (big house with pool in the middle of nowhere, the nearest city, Ancona is 60 km away and the beach is 180 km away, the house is in the middle of a forest, the nearest village is 4 km away) I imagined relaxation, swimming, GREAT food and not a worry in the world, paradise.

Well yesterday I talked to my aunt and to a person who has been t that part of Italy before and this is what I found out:

1) The drive is 12 hours long.
2) In that area, they do not eat delicious pasta and pizza, they eat "wild meat" like rabbit and pigeon
3) It's going to be over 40°C.
4) There are LOADS of SCORPIONS, yes F'CKING SCORPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are all over the place, in the bathtub, in the pool, (in the bed?)
this kind: http://www.ub.ntnu.no/scorpion-files/e_mingrelicus.jpg
They might be harmless but they still bother me.
5) My guitar (probably) won't fit in the trunk.
6) they have things called "Tiger Mosquitoes" their stings make your joints hurt and give you fever.
7) We are taking my dog, I'll have to spend the whole time making sure he doesn't eat scorpions.
8) there are loads of bugs and huge spiders (yuck, I feel like such a girl).
9) The pool isn't heated.

That sounds like hell! It sounds more like Afghanistan than Italy to me!

TLDR: I'm going to Italy and there will be loads of scorpions and bugs and bad food and it'll suck ass even though I was so exited to go there...

Have you ever gone on a holiday that ended up being hell?
Last edited by thedefrockednun at Jul 9, 2009,
If you're bothered by all of these things chances are you won't be enjoying many holidays.
My family goes on holiday to the same place every year. It's a nice place but after about four times, it get's boring. This year I just didn't go.
Quote by thedefrockednun

Dealbreaker
Oh **** I gotta do vibrato
Whenever I get asked to go on a holiday I shamefully, and often to my regret, decline and instead spend a couple of weeks going on U.G, watching anime and playing guitar. It helps prevents situations like TS's.
EDIT: Hang on, TS's situation isn't that bad is it? I mean, you could be gang raped by a bunch of quintuplet bearing Italian mothers, wanting you to slowly cradle their child before they give you a swift anal punch from behind after stealing your fast food coupons. Watch out for those guys
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Last edited by Shredoftheday at Jul 9, 2009,
Someone GAVE your uncle a house instead of paying him back some money?
Is he a mobster or something?

And I think it might be fun. You should try and make the best of it. And get a long grabbing-claw like rubbish collectors use for removing scorpions.

If it were me I'd take my camera and take a looaddd of photos as well. Or try learning a bit of Italian and talk to some local village folk. At least it's a change of scenery... and if it's going to be 40 degrees the pool will heat itsself.

And on topic to the thread question: I am going to Finland next week with my boyfriend to see my dad.
1. I'm going to Finland and it's going to be cold (seen the weather reports, not really much above 20degrees)
2. with my boyfriend TO MEET MY DAD. Awkwardness.
3. My dad is going through a messy breakup and is going to moan about it the whole time
4. My selfish stuck up sister is going too.

Who has it worse, TS?
hey the mosquito's aren't that bad,..unless their the huge ginormous kind,.. other than that all you'll feel is the itchyness.

yea but the bugs and scorpions pretty much bugs me too if I were you.

The pool not being heated is okay right,.. like you said 'it'll be 40 degrees or soemthing over there' so the pool will be pretty heated

I sincerely give you sympathy for your inability to pack your guitar along though

Well have fun dude,.. experience the 'simple life'
Rabbit and pigeon are both delicious foods. I bet the food there is good, and at 40 degrees, you don't want or need a heated pool. Maybe you could just be positive about it, and try to enjoy the experience?
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I haven't been, but all these things make it sound pretty bad...

I'm going because it'll be more fun than sitting here on my own, all my friends are away on holiday.

The main turn-off is the food, I was really looking forward to eating great pasta (maybe they eat that there as well).

We'll see.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Someone GAVE your uncle a house instead of paying him back some money?
Is he a mobster or something?

And I think it might be fun. You should try and make the best of it. And get a long grabbing-claw like rubbish collectors use for removing scorpions.

If it were me I'd take my camera and take a looaddd of photos as well. Or try learning a bit of Italian and talk to some local village folk. At least it's a change of scenery... and if it's going to be 40 degrees the pool will heat itsself.

And on topic to the thread question: I am going to Finland next week with my boyfriend to see my dad.
1. I'm going to Finland and it's going to be cold (seen the weather reports, not really much above 20degrees)
2. with my boyfriend TO MEET MY DAD. Awkwardness.
3. My dad is going through a messy breakup and is going to moan about it the whole time
4. My selfish stuck up sister is going too.

Who has it worse, TS?

It was part of the deal tha if the guy couldn't pay back the money he'd give my uncle the house (buisness safety net).

I AM looking forward to it, I just got a bit scared away by the scorpions....

When I get back, we'll see who has it worse

Quote by monkey_dancer
Rabbit and pigeon are both delicious foods. I bet the food there is good, and at 40 degrees, you don't want or need a heated pool. Maybe you could just be positive about it, and try to enjoy the experience?

I'm sure it'll be good, but as I said, the though of being attacked by a huge scorpion at night puts me off...

You're probably right about the pool (if it has been this warm for the last weeks).

I'll just go and have fun, take a hammer and kill every scorpion in sight.
Quote by PrincessJoe
Rent a bike, so you will be a very thin man after that holiday.

Are you calling me fat? /joke
You're one picky mofo 0_o.

Besides, who needs a heated pool when it's 40 degrees?[/QUOTE]

er, well, actually me
But let me say this. A holiday without ones guitar, cannot be considred a good holiday-in my opinion.
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Past 5 years I had to go with my parents on stupid holiday trips and to their "holiday house" in nowhere. I just told them that I wasn't cut out for their pre-retirement bull**** and since I'm the only child it sucked. This past year I've been to their other house like 3 times, down from once every two weeks. My parents went to Austria for 1 week this summer, and I was at home, taking care of the house.

Just tell them how you feel if you don't want to go. If you're lucky, congratz
Gear
Guitar: Ibanez SAS32EX
Amp: Marshall JCM800 4210
With the little help from a TS9
Quote by ..NEM..
I hate Swedes.
Quote by sweatymonkey
Have a nice time!!!!1oneone

Hey you. Sweaty monkey! Give Sir Dawginator bak his monacle!

the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Think yourself lucky you're not going to somewhere like Australia where there are some seriously nasty bugs and reptiles.

Listen to monkey_dancer, ^ he's right on the money.

Oh, and buy a half scale guitar, or a mandolin, or a ukulele, or some form of instrument small enough to fit in the trunk.

Quote by Jacek.W
A holiday without ones guitar, cannot be considred a good holiday-in my opinion.

To a professional musician, a holiday with a guitar isn't really a holiday by definition.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jul 9, 2009,
wtf I've never heard of a heated pool, you pansy!

just ignore the wee little scorpions and spiders and have a good time
Quote by Jacek.W
Hey you. Sweaty monkey! Give Sir Dawginator bak his monacle!

I will when I get it from repair, I dropped it...

*runs*
Quote by sweatymonkey
I will when I get it from repair, I dropped it...

*runs*

fiend.

Quote by Joaz
Past 5 years I had to go with my parents on stupid holiday trips and to their "holiday house" in nowhere. I just told them that I wasn't cut out for their pre-retirement bull**** and since I'm the only child it sucked. This past year I've been to their other house like 3 times, down from once every two weeks. My parents went to Austria for 1 week this summer, and I was at home, taking care of the house.

Just tell them how you feel if you don't want to go. If you're lucky, congratz

I want to go, scorpions just freak the hell out of me lol.

@Slackerbabbath: If I was going to Australia, I'd be expecting it lol.

My Aunt said that the main problem is that it's a bit boring (nothing to do).

At least there is a computer with internet

I'm sure I'll have a good time *buys lavender to scare off scorpions*
you have a fog?

that has got to be the most awesome pet ever. bit hard to fondle passionately though like normal pets.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Dude, your scared of scorpions... come to New Zealand and go bush camping... your likely to loose a few toes to the giant weta.

http://images.google.co.nz/imgres?imgurl=http://www.geocities.co.jp/NatureLand-Sky/8651/photo/giant_weta.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.geocities.co.jp/NatureLand-Sky/8651/photo/kama4-7.html&usg=__bUXPuQS3hg4b-f_08dy_p8r3u2w=&h=314&w=500&sz=35&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=x_UjCrqOTN4TrM:&tbnh=82&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgiant%2Bweta%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26rlz%3D1T4WZPA_enNZ315NZ315%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

Getting bitten by those things bloody hurts.

As for the guitar, you never know you luck, there might be an old acoustic lying around at the house. Somethings better than nothing...
Screw Ignorance... Indifference is bliss.
Last edited by farquarl at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by Wallofeyes
*sighs*

I live in England and my pool isn't heated. You don't need a heated pool.

why do you need a pool in england?

building one there is easy though. just dig a hole and it will be full with water in a day.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Fight for your right to take your guitar, it will cure boredom, and if you do get that bored take enough sleeping pills so that it will induce you into a coma, time will fly by. and yes my advice is awesome and yes you're welcome
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
dude dont be a pansy, a holiday for me is travelling through the canadian wilderness where theres nothing or noone around for hundreds of kilometers but moose and bear, the only way to get through is a few days of paddling and carrying your gear (or helocopter ofcourse)

==========================
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
I think you'll enjoy it if you give it a chance.

It'll be a chance to spend some quality time too, imagine that.
Wait, you think scorpions are harmless? They will ****ing kill you.
Quote by Beserker

I would join in and make it an orgy, f*cking my father up the ass while he gives it hard to my sweet little pumpkin, culminating in me cumming all over his bearded face.

...is that what you wanted to hear?

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

1. I'm going to Finland

Who has it worse, TS?

Not you atleast! Finland rules! And it isn't even so cold here, when its sunny its usually like 25 degrees at this time of the year
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I just Google "Elephant penis", and was strangely aroused.

Apparently, I'm a good shitter

Quote by TomusAM
jonne.i just took the best dump I ever seen
if you have a bolt on neck guitar then take the neck off
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
What the hell? You haven't even been yet and you're already complaining? Quit your whinging, stop being such a pussy and enjoy the fact that you get to go on a free holiday.
Quote by thedefrockednun

Pussy. It's going to be over 40C...
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by michal23
You're one picky mofo 0_o.

Besides, who needs a heated pool when it's 40 degrees?

Exactly. Stfu and stop complaining TS.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by thedefrockednun

1) The drive is 12 hours long.
Bring your iPod
2) In that area, they do not eat delicious pasta and pizza, they eat "wild meat" like rabbit and pigeon
Probably tastes like chicken (seriously)

3) It's going to be over 40°C.
Suck it up...shorts, shirtless, fan, water spritzer, anything to keep you cool

4) There are LOADS of SCORPIONS, yes F'CKING SCORPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are all over the place, in the bathtub, in the pool, (in the bed?)
this kind: http://www.ub.ntnu.no/scorpion-files/e_mingrelicus.jpg
They might be harmless but they still bother me.
Stop being such a pussy...hit 'em with a rolled up newspaper if you have to

5) My guitar (probably) won't fit in the trunk.
Hold it on your lap

6) they have things called "Tiger Mosquitoes" their stings make your joints hurt and give you fever.
Bug spray? Insect repellent?

7) We are taking my dog, I'll have to spend the whole time making sure he doesn't eat scorpions.
Get a muzzle for the damn creature

8) there are loads of bugs and huge spiders (yuck, I feel like such a girl).
Once again, stop being a pansy

Why would you want a heated pool when it's fucking hot out?

Geez, be a man for Christ's sake
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Page 1 of 2