One day there'll be a thread called "Google to Launch Interplanetary Space Rocket" at the rate they're going.
It'll either be amazing or a failure. Or it will be chrome, where it absolutely kicks ass but no one uses it because of the ridiculous terms and conditions.
I hated Chrome as a browser, I have never been attacked by so many ads in my life. I swear that the browser added at least 2 or 3 adverts to every sight. Not to excited about this.
Quote by whitenihilist
I hated Chrome as a browser, I have never been attacked by so many ads in my life. I swear that the browser added at least 2 or 3 adverts to every sight. Not to excited about this.

You can block ads now.
Chrome latest version is really great, the first versions were "ad-ful", but the current is awesome
I actually get quite excited when I hear about new Google technology. After I used Chrome, I knew they had the potential to make some badass things, so hopefully this will be great.
Quote by OMGWTFBBQ?
Tell me how

You have to download a program called Privoxy and then change a few settings. It's pretty straightforward. Google it.
Quote by MH400
Is Chrome better than firefox?

I think it's faster, but firefox is far more customizable. Depends what you need.
I used to use firefox, but switched to chrome after testing it out for a bit. Very lightweight and easy to use. Hopefully the OS will turn out well.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by MetalGS3SE
I used to use firefox, but switched to chrome after testing it out for a bit. Very lightweight and easy to use. Hopefully the OS will turn out well.

Yeah but the Chrome terms and conditions only just fall short of stating Google owns your soul.
Quote by michal23
Yeah but the Chrome terms and conditions only just fall short of stating Google owns your soul.

Yeah maybe. But I don't really care enough to worry about that .

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by MetalGS3SE
Yeah maybe. But I don't really care enough to worry about that .

Fair enough, both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Google is faster, but owns your soul and has no apps.
Firefox is a little slower, but is far more customizable, and doesn't own your soul.

I also find that a lot of Java applications (like UG Chat for example) crash firefox, and I have to use Chrome or IE for them. I'm not really sure why, 'cause I have Javascript enabled in my options.
As long as they stick to media-based products I'm fine with whatever they produce. (I like Google Chrome and I am a proud owner of the G1 )

When it comes to OS' though, no one will care after it's been out for a few days. OS' like Ubuntu and Linux are just superior.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Next step will be "Google Launches Country".

Still, I can't see this OS changing me from XP, like chrome hasn't changed me from Opera.
Last edited by pataldo at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by TheJem
As long as they stick to media-based products I'm fine with whatever they produce. (I like Google Chrome and I am a proud owner of the G1 )

When it comes to OS' though, no one will care after it's been out for a few days. OS' like Ubuntu and Linux are just superior.

Dude, Ubuntu is a from of Linux. Linux isn't one operating system, it's many.
hello
Chrome is Linux-based too. Though they're using a completely different custom GUI.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?