Poll: Do you know what you're going to get out of a box of chocolates?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you know what you're going to get out of a box of chocolates?
Yes.
101 48%
No, Forrest Gump is correct in his assertions.
110 52%
Voters: 211.
Page 1 of 3
Right, another thread has got me thinking. Well, at any rate, it inspired me to vent a grievance I've had for a while. Everyone blindly lavishes affection on the Forrest Gump quote, "Life is like a box of chocolates... You never know what you're gonna get." Does no one else have a long look at which chocolates are on offer before making an informed choice? I certainly do. They even go to the effort of giving you a little booklet to detail each individual variety. It would almost be rude not to. I'm not having any mint-flavoured or excessively nutty chocolates thank you very much, Mr. Gump.

Vote on the poll.
but to still gotta try them all out... and those pamphlets are misleading...

EDIT: Gump was a war-hero...im pretty sure his opinion>yours...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Last edited by Mr.Cuddles at Jul 9, 2009,
No, I just plunge my hand blindly into the box and immediately consume whatever I bring out, be it chocolate, cardboard or excrement.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

That wasn't very funny, and it's only supposed to be a silly simile used for a comedy movie, there is no need to try and correct it.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
I just eat the whole box at once. Problem solved!
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by stratocasta
Right, another thread has got me thinking. Well, at any rate, it inspired me to vent a grievance I've had for a while. Everyone blindly lavishes affection on the Forrest Gump quote, "Life is like a box of chocolates... You never know what you're gonna get." Does no one else have a long look at which chocolates are on offer before making an informed choice? I certainly do. They even go to the effort of giving you a little booklet to detail each individual variety. It would almost be rude not to. I'm not having any mint-flavoured or excessively nutty chocolates thank you very much, Mr. Gump.

Vote on the poll.

I was going to poste a serious reply about the deeper meaning of that quote, but I don't want to look ridiculous... let's see what the replies will be first
Quote by Johnny skins
banned cause im fine because of your avatar! it blasts happyness everytime i see it!!

definitly the best avatar ever I=Cookie

Proud owner of the: I'm wearing clothes in the Pit! Group! Click here to join
Quote by The_Casinator

What about the chocolate?
Quote by The_Casinator

vreetzak
*translation* I don't know really... (somethings are better in dutch )
Quote by Johnny skins
banned cause im fine because of your avatar! it blasts happyness everytime i see it!!

Quote by sam b
What about the chocolate?

The choclates still in them.
Gratulations for pointing that out, very clever indeed
I've thought of this as well, and agreed with you completely until you expressed a dislike for mint-flavoured cholates and chocolates with nuts in them, you cock.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I agree with forest because, if they offer you a chocolate, do you honestly read the f#cking pamphelt?
well the movie won an academy award. so forrest gump>current thread
Quote by kiloisalb
I just took the fattest ****, and boy am I relieved. It felt amazing.

Quote by charliezard!
I agree. I was excited about jumping in to proclaim my love for nice c0ck.
Quote by Mr.Cuddles

EDIT: Gump was a war-hero...im pretty sure his opinion>yours...

cool logic, bro
Quote by LordBishek
This one time, I accidentally the whole box of chocolates.

Is that bad?
Quote by LordBishek
This one time, I accidentally the whole box of chocolates.

ahaha

funny...
Quote by The_Casinator
Is that bad?

Well, the orange and mint ones don't taste so good if you mix them
A box of chocolates with DIFFERENT chocolates.. No, but if all are the same chocolates, yes.

It's annoying that in a chocolate box with mixed chocolates, only 3 flavors are likable, the rest is some disgusting weird flavor that only people above 40 would enjoy.
DeVillains!
Quote by I=Cookie
vreetzak
*translation* I don't know really... (somethings are better in dutch )

Guzzle? Gobble?

I do not feel life is like a box of chocolates at all. Even the worst tasting chocolate is still chocolate. Your day can always get worse.

...**** now i want chocolate
you forgot one major point, forest gump was slightly retarded I don't think he cared which chocolate he got really.
Quote by Helpy Helperton
you forgot one major point, forest gump was a war hero, ping pong champion, millionaire, captian of a boat...you get the idea. I don't think he cared which chocolate he got really.

fixed
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by JohnnyV
Guzzle? Gobble?

I do not feel life is like a box of chocolates at all. Even the worst tasting chocolate is still chocolate. Your day can always get worse.

...**** now i want chocolate

Nice!! Gobbler yes!

And on the last one I agree with you!! Time to go home and stop at the supermarket, gna gna
Quote by Johnny skins

isnt there usually a little diagram on the inside of the lid saying which chocolate is which?
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Quote by Skater901
I haven't seen Forest Gump.

your missing life...
Quote by Eliyahu

Quote by TheReverend724

Quote by thanksgiving

Viscara (my band)
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I have to make sure I don't get a coconut one. 'Twil kill me.
oh god that sucks. i love coconut
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
If you take a single pick from the box of chocolates, you can't be assured which one you will get or not. Regardless of whether they are on the back of the box.

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
That's what his mumma told him before he got shot in the buttocks.

So yeah, life is more like a $1 bag of lollies, you'll never know what it's got in it until you open it and realise you just bought all the crap lollies that the dairy couldn't sell if people can see them.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by crzysnowborder
oh god that sucks. i love coconut

I had some coconut rum once. Apparently they actually use coconuts to make it. I thought it was just flavoring. Result, EpiPen in my left leg.
Quote by blue_bogan
If you take a single pick from the box of chocolates, you can't be assured which one you will get or not. Regardless of whether they are on the back of the box.

Remember, if they're on the back of the box, then you have to turn the box upside down, meaning that they all fall on the floor.

Conspiracy to stop us all getting fat?

Or just proof that Gump was right? Even though the information is there... do you have the oppurtunity to know what you're going to get?

*strokes beard*
Considering i open my boxes of chocolates from the top like most people, then nothing falls out when you look at the back. Whether you know what you have or not is irrelevant, because you did not know before you had it.

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
The labels are a relatively new thing, plus with some of the names, you can't be sure what it is.

Oh and it's just metaphor, don't pick at it like a jackass.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

*strokes beard*

i posted this in the other thread..
and it was quoting what you said!

whats going on here!
Quote by geetar_man0
i posted this in the other thread..
and it was quoting what you said!

whats going on here!

I don't know....

*strokes beard*
Quote by blue_bogan
Considering i open my boxes of chocolates from the top like most people, then nothing falls out when you look at the back.

Depends on the box of chocolates. In the film, Forrest eats chocolates from those flat boxes that open from the top, and the "back" is the bottom side of the box. If the chocolatey descriptions are on the unerside of the box, then yes, life is indeed like a box of chocolates.
Page 1 of 3