I saw a video on YouTube with a guy having EMGs in his PRS Singlecut, and he said they were 18 volts and that it made quite a difference. I don't know if he's just talking crap, but it kind of intrigued me. Any knowledge on this?
yes, they exist. ever try searching? you'd need two 9 volts.
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
They add a ton more headroom. It's an easy mod to do, also. I recommend it.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
Definitely recommend this mod. I have the 85/81 EMG setup in my Epi LP Standard with the 18v mod. Helps clean things up a bit and does give you more headroom. Lots of instructions around here for the mod.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Heh. I usually search these things, but the thought just didn't occur to me this time. My sincere apologies. Thanks for all the information though! I'm definitely going to do this.
Quote by Arzei
Heh. I usually search these things, but the thought just didn't occur to me this time. My sincere apologies. Thanks for all the information though! I'm definitely going to do this.

No prob bro. My job is all about searching on google so I usually go there first. But this is the second best place to ask if google leaves ya hangin.

Try it out and let us know how it goes. Specifically what kind of difference you hear in the pups tone.
Quote by MetalHead916
No prob bro. My job is all about searching on google so I usually go there first. But this is the second best place to ask if google leaves ya hangin.

Try it out and let us know how it goes. Specifically what kind of difference you hear in the pups tone.

out of interest what do you do??

Also ts u can fit upto 3 9v batteries with emgs and they just get clearer and more refined its a mod ive always wanted to do but am too lazy!!
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Just go with Blackouts instead. They sound better than a 18v EMG and you don't have to dick around with them. If you already have EMG's, they are quick connect as well so you can just drop them in. Sell the EMG's with the wiring/pots that came with the Blackouts, and you've got an upgrade for basically nothing.
Guitars:
Agile PS900 Blue Flame: SD Blackouts, TonePros TOM, Grover Locking Mini-Rotomatic Tuners.
Amps:
Peavey 5150 Head w/Bias Mod.
Peavey Bandit 112