Page 1 of 2
im bored at my grandmas house. but the dumbest way i damaged my guitar is when i bought my first electric (yesteday) i was wear the gigbag with the guitar inside with the backpack straps. i was so exicted i tried to get inside my car with it on... dinged the neck less than 5 mins after i bought it thank god for the super padding.

EDIT: I dont have my amp yet :]
Last edited by CookleRuff at Jul 9, 2009,
Edit:wait... the guy above me is right
how can you be bored after buying your first electric?
what are you, a n00b?
im gonna guess multiple accounts
Last edited by tukk04 at Jul 9, 2009,
at my grandmas house plus dont got my amp yet picking it up this weekend

Edit: TWO GUYS ABOVE ME READ THIS ^^^
Last edited by CookleRuff at Jul 9, 2009,
nothing besides lazily putting on a wall and it sliding off. The bassist in my band jumped into a pool with his bass.
Well ive been slowly wearing away the finish on my LP with the zip from my hoodie, i guess thats fairly stupid.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
here comes an 07'er ^_^
I damaged my strats (phew) neck when messing around during band practice and whacking it on my band mates bass accidentally.
And i tried to hit a cymbal with my guitars head and chipped it, that was on purpose

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
I was using an LP at a show with a seat-belt guitar strap, and I went to adjust it and accidentally clicked it and the thing plowed right into the PA speaker below me. I was pretty embarrassed to say the least.
went to go turn around with my guitar on and smacked my dogs head, strange my guitar got a chip on it and my dog just wagged its tail
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I have an explorer which are just accidental damage waiting to happen. I never seem to be able to adjust my movements to compensate for the "fin" at the back which always leads to it hitting door frames, walls, table etc.
Quote by hugh20
And i tried to hit a cymbal with my guitars head and chipped it, that was on purpose

Lol I do that all the time for no reason. Reminds me of the end of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ec16uDAf30

Quote by danohat
Took my Les Paul off my shoulder under my ceiling fan.

Haha, our singer is tall so he always does that...
Fender Mexican Strat W/ Custom HSS Pickups
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony
Blackheart BH5H
Epiphone 1x12 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Crybaby Original Wah
EHX Big Muff
A/B Selector Pedal
Last edited by PadawanGeek at Jul 9, 2009,
Well on Christmas when I got my Les Paul I was so excited and everything and so I went to untangle a cable and only God knows why but I decided to stand up and lean the guitar against my body to do it. What proceeded was the guitar falling right onto a hardwood floor, and needless to say, brix were shat. I checked everywhere, but there were no signs of damage anywhere that I could see. Somehow though, the finish ended up cracking near the input jack. I can't complain though, because if it had hit the right way the whole headstock would've probably come off. It's still a mystery to me how that didn't happen.
Dumbest way I damaged a guitar...

Left my Strat unattended amungst a bunch of drunk people.....STUPID !!!!!

Only a small ding, about a 1 inch dent in the top, around the elbow contour.

Needless to say, I didn't actually see how the damage happened, but I have only myself to blame.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by Dopemgs
you bought your first electric yesterday and you are bored...

he speeks the truth. haha.

dumbest way i damaged my guitar was i went to a friends to jam and when we finished jamming we started talking so i put my guitar on the ground while still holding the neck. i stupidly dropped the neck and it fell down and hit the edge of one of the effects pedals. the ding doesn't effect playing but i can see it every time my guitar is in the light. annoys me to death.
Never damaged any guitar in my life. But I do remember the first finish scratch really did hurt.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by danohat
Took my Les Paul off my shoulder under my ceiling fan.

Did that with my strat. No real damage was done. Not even a ding. The blades just detuned 4 strings.
scrathced the back of my schecter witha big belt buckle that was pretty stupid
and left it downstairs in the stand where my cat knocked it over and chipped the finish the day after i bought it
but its only worth 300 so i wasnt cut up too much
guitar fell of of the strap on stage....but it just got a little chip. And it was my old guitar which i abuse anyways. ITs embarassing though haha
Quote by TheWEBBY
nothing besides lazily putting on a wall and it sliding off. The bassist in my band jumped into a pool with his bass.

Oh my...Why? I'd never do that.

On topic: The dumbest thing on my guitar was wearing down the part that you put on your knee. By playing it a lot. All the other dings and such were done by the previous owner (my brother).

My bass on the other hand...I've accidentally hit the headstock on the ceiling. Not much happened though, just a little white and a couple small scratches on the top of the headstock.

Edit: The dumbest thing my friend did was carve "FIRST GUITAR" into the back of his Warlock. But no one can see it unless they look at the back, so I guess it's ok.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Jul 9, 2009,
06'er bitches! EDIT: Beaten to it...

Dumbest damage hmmm, 6 golden spikes right underneath the bridge on my first guitar.
only thing i've done is hit it on the roof taking it off but it hasn't done anything thing to it yet
I got my starcaster when I was like ten, but didn't accually decide to start learning guitar till I was twelve. so it would just sit there gathering dust... probably the dumbest mistake.

Oh, um, this isn't the guitar, but it was the tuner that came with it. I was trying to tune my guitar 3 months into playing, but I couldn't get it to tune right, so I got pissed and threw it onto the hardfloor... the thing basically came apart, but I put it back together and it still works! Even the sh!t fender makes they make well. (this was before I got my cube, so I didn't have the tuning fork in my amp.)
My Les Paul was on her stand in my room while i was getting baked with incense going for smell-covering. Well, the incense was sort of close to the guitar, and it turns out it melted the finish a little bit on the headstock.

Like, where cigarette burns would accumulate.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
I dropped lolly pop on my rg 550 and it left circle-like dent on that spot. Stupid basswood

Do i win?
i wish i could do something stupid but probably dropping my guitar on my head nearly knocking me out trying to put my guitar behind my back, i smacked ma head D;
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
I would like to post and ask why you people bitch and moan about things that are just a fact of life?

A little ding on the top of the body from drunks is no big deal, dings on the fin of an Explorer add character. ****ing buckle rash is lovely.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
p_o_e, Who's bitching or moaning? This is just a conversation. This is Kinda like Mel Gibson and Rene Russo comparing scars in Lethal Weapon......No bitching going on here...

Bitching would be if I said, "Man, I wish I knew which drunk did it, I'd go kick his A**!"

However, to quote myself, I actually said "I have only myself to blame", that is NOT bitching.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by p o e
I would like to post and ask why you people bitch and moan about things that are just a fact of life?

A little ding on the top of the body from drunks is no big deal, dings on the fin of an Explorer add character. ****ing buckle rash is lovely.

Complaining? who? The question was, whats the dumbest damage you've done to ur guitar, so we're stating the dumbest things. whats ur problem?

..Oh

...I get it...

...I see your problem...

...Someone needs a hug!

better?
I take very good care of my babys.
didn't damage anything.

But practice playing your guitar, it will keep you busy for a long time
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
I've never damaged my guitars, but my friend managed to put a dent in a brand new les paul with a bass

One of my other friends broke her wrist trying to smash an acoustic
1) I was rehearsing with some classmates, we stopped playing for a while and started chatting, so I left my guitar over a table, right over some gig bags. A couple of minutes passed by, then some dude screams "the guitar, watch out!". I turn to look and I see my LP copy sliding off the table and hitting the floor bottom-first, near the jack. The floor was concrete, so the guitar got a huge dent and the body binding broke in that part. Got it fixed, but the repaint was kind of sloppy. There aren't any good luthiers where I live anyway, so I had no choice but to do with what was available.

2) I was in my house idling around when I hear this thump noise. I go to check it out. I find our maid, looking pale, right next to my guitar (same as above) that's laying flat on the floor, with stand and all. One of the tune-o-matic posts got pushed deeper into its socket, but besides that it had no damage, and pulling it upward only cracked the finish a bit.
I've been a little dick to my LP, I guess. 2 major things, nothing else.

1) Was doing the solo from Bulls on Parade live and my strap decided to give on both ends at once the way the weight shifted so I could reach down and scratch. Put two minor dents on the edge of the guitar where it landed. 1/4-1/2 inch dent. Nothing major but I like killed myself over it post-performance.

2) doing something with a band and doing a youtube vid that never got recorded (dumbass forgot the mem chip and let it 'record') and at the end I did the fist pump with my guitar in fist. Headstock +part of neck thru ceiling. Nothing bad happened to my baby, ceiling tile is ****ed though.
Page 1 of 2