I've been discussing a bit forth and back with the guitarist in my band, after litsening to some of his analogue noise he did basicly by burning his guitar and using lots of pedals. I got interested in doing some Noise-esque stuff, basicly just a wave of sound and effects bombarding your ear, but don't wanna go cyber. The idea is to do something like he did, analogue, but because his old noise-guitar burnt up we're stuck with only "pedals and other stuff".

So my question, as a bit of a hardware noob, is what pedals or other gear would be good in order to turn the guitar into something I can create some toneless, infernos of sounds with?

Thanks in advance
Boss Made in Taiwan and Behringer products are great for making unwanted noise

I kid I kid..

What types of noises are you looking for.. The world of noisemakers are endless man..
My guitarist uses his Flanger a lot for noise.
Bloc Party has some really cool noises with a Digital Delay, especially live
Adding a Fuzz to any noise makes it noisier
I'd say that a delay pedal is a must - get one which modulates the feedback, add some kind of auto-wah or other filter, you can also use fast chorus/phaser and voila! Basic noise. Then you can add flavours
run a phaser through a reverse delay
it sounds so trippy its not even funny
Feedback loop pedal: run your other pedals through it to make crazy noises.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
So it seems you really suggest delay. And a loop-pedal sounds good as well as most noise uses semi-repetive patterns and "add" stuff ontop.

I've heard theres some good delay/loop pedals, and I 'm quite fond of delay so. Might be something to buy (My amp actually got some built in effects, not good ones, but still. It can be used to toy aroudn with).

Link to the guitarists stuff (This, however, is just burning cables run to the pickup. The strings ain't doing nothing) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyvfikekNyg

Never mind the fact that its noisy.

Any recommendations, while I will most likely search around a bit on the forum and the web, on some good cheap loop/delay or feedback loop pedals?
Quote by Warwolt

Never mind the fact that its noisy.

Any recommendations, while I will most likely search around a bit on the forum and the web, on some good cheap loop/delay or feedback loop pedals?

Get a Digitech PDS.
Awesome for short loops and noise buildups.

As for the feedback loop pedal, make it yourself.