Hi, i'm looking to buy my first bass, but i've come across something that's confused me.
When restringing it, how would i get the strings through the bridge? This bass doesn't seem to have any opening in the back...
The only experience i have with a bridge like this is my old fender electric, but it had the backplate with the holes in it.
So please let me know how to do this, i know somebody here knows. I'm hoping i don't have to take the bridge off every time, that would suck... Lol.

Here's pics:

O O

___
The strings just go through the bridge. If you look carefully at the last pic, you can see the ball ends.
ohh like the stopbar on the les paul guitars?
that's good... i just didn't expect a fender-type guitar to have a bridge like that.
Do most fender basses have that kinda bridge?
Quote by TheBax
ohh like the stopbar on the les paul guitars?
that's good... i just didn't expect a fender-type guitar to have a bridge like that.
Do most fender basses have that kinda bridge?

Yes, most Fender basses do, however some have the body-through strings, I believe. Keep in mind that you're not looking at an actual Fender- That's an SX from Rondo Music.
Quote by MustangMan311
Yes, most Fender basses do, however some have the body-through strings, I believe. Keep in mind that you're not looking at an actual Fender- That's an SX from Rondo Music.

Oh i know that. Lol

i was just wondering. i'm really not even sure if i wanna buy it...i'm just looking at options.
So i assume the Squier Standard Jazz and Squier CV Jazz have that bridge, too?
I've never seen a Fender bass with string-through, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. they are just rarer
Quote by TheBax
Oh i know that. Lol

i was just wondering. i'm really not even sure if i wanna buy it...i'm just looking at options.
So i assume the Squier Standard Jazz and Squier CV Jazz have that bridge, too?

Yes, but if you are looking at getting a squier J bass, I'd go for a VM 70's Jazz. REALLY good for the money. Actually, not a bad bass in general. If you can't afford one/ don't want to pay that much, SXs aren't bad either if you upgrade them.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.