Page 1 of 2
So i am pretty certain on getting a Bugera 6260 head but wondering what cabinet,
i will only have like $300AUD left after i make the purchase :/

I saw this behringer cabinet http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BG412V.aspx and compared it to the bugera http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/412H-BK.aspx and came to conclusion they are pretty much the same thing just different name..

is that correct?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Jul 9, 2009,
Have u compared the woods and how thick they are?

Makes a big difference.

E.g My orange 2x12

Serious wood, 18 ply birch faced marine plywood, keeps the low end tight and punchy.

Do you need a 4x12? Why not get a 2x12 and get a better cabinet such as orange or Mesa.
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Jul 9, 2009,
my budget
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
my budget

How much are orange/ mesa 2x12's in Australia?
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
Have u compared the woods and how thick they are?

Makes a big difference.

E.g My orange 2x12

Serious wood, 18 ply birch faced marine plywood, keeps the low end tight and punchy.

Do you need a 4x12? Why not get a 2x12 and get a better cabinet such as orange or Mesa.

Only in the world of expensive cabs.. Most low end models are the same ole story when it comes to build materials..

He is going be to severly limited due to where he lives. So anything with a good name on it will be overpriced. His best bet if he went that route was to get a combo and swap out the speakers..
If you can, get a cabinet made from Pine. It really does wonders for the tone.
1k+ for 2x12 orange cab,
1.5k+ for 2x12 mesa cab
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Does the "LOL" have to be in the title? Ask yourself.

Every type of cabinet is different. Even some of the same brands because the wood to mass ratios are different.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by bucketmark
1k+ for 2x12 orange cab,
1.5k+ for 2x12 mesa cab

Holy shiz.
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
well a lot of behringer guitar products are pure junk imo.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Welcome to overpriced land aka Australia haha sucks hey? Chin up man I have played the Bugera cabinet it wasn't that bad but I didn't get to crank it
I've played them to but cranked, they sounded pretty decent for my liking, just wondering should i get the behringer and de-badge it for pretty much half the price of the bugera.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
id go with bugera, ive heard really good stuff about them in the past 6 months
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion
Quote by bucketmark
I've played them to but cranked, they sounded pretty decent for my liking, just wondering should i get the behringer and de-badge it for pretty much half the price of the bugera.

Just go with the behringer.. No since in paying double for a low end cab over a different low end cab. Save all the cash you can upfront and get you something better down the line.
wouldn't mind getting it re-tolexed with a nice bright orange or something to spruce it up
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
After looking at the specs for the 2 cabs combined with the fact behringer and bugera are the same company they probably are pretty much exactly the same except for the name badge on em. As behringer is pretty much junk it would be st to invest in a better cab. If your budget is to low of a 4x12 get a 2x12, a decent 2x12 is much better investment than a crap 4x12. You can always pair it up with another 2x12 later down the road.
Quote by bucketmark
1k+ for 2x12 orange cab,
1.5k+ for 2x12 mesa cab

Damn, thank god I live in the US. Those prices are out-****ing-rageous

Then again, I miss my australian hottie alana ..

/useless post
Quote by AxSilentxLine
^ yeah but with a budget of $300 he'd be lucky to buy the casing let alone the speakers lol

There only $400 bucks over there.. So im sure $300 to that or if there on sale somewhere its not really gonna be a stretch..
Quote by MetalHead916
Damn, thank god I live in the US. Those prices are out-****ing-rageous

Then again, I miss my australian hottie alana ..

/useless post

She's with me now mate don't worry i'll take good care of her

Quote by IbanezPsycho
There only $400 bucks over there.. So im sure $300 to that or if there on sale somewhere its not really gonna be a stretch..

yeah for the Bugera/Behringer but for a better quality Cab it's a stretch
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Jul 9, 2009,
get a 2x12

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by AxSilentxLine
She's with me now mate don't worry i'll take good care of her

Asshole!
decent 2x12 for $300, i don't think so =[
i could try pump up price to $500-$550.. ha.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Jul 10, 2009,
bump sorry
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
You shoulda saved up some more money man lol tbh I hear the Bugera cabinets are actually ok...that being said i'm saving for an Orange 4x12

for $250, they are pretty damn good. I do think I will switch out the speakers eventually but being that music is NOT my way to make a living, I'm not spending
$700+ on cabinet. The Bugera speakers actually are pretty good in the cab.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
behringer have the same speakers as the bugera
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
My buddy has used a Behringer 4x12 for quite some time now, and its great for the price. Given, the sound is a bit harsh to my ears, but I mean, for the price, they rock.
I'm just looking for a tone like - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt8IwLeFM38 - listen for the rhythm guitar
so tight and really punchy

I've noticed that guitarist and Bulb (if you've heard of him) both use orange cabinets, is there a reason? Also alot of the hardcore/metal bands i see live use them to.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Jul 10, 2009,
Quote by bucketmark
I'm just looking for a tone like - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt8IwLeFM38 - listen for the rhythm guitar
so tight and really punchy

I've noticed that guitarist and Bulb (if you've heard of him) both use orange cabinets, is there a reason? Also alot of the hardcore/metal bands i see live use them to.

Why are you asking for the tone of a complete Mesa rig when all you can afford is a Bugera/Behringer rig? Also it will have a completely different tone to it besides the money factor..

You jumping way ahead of yourself..

As for the Orange cabs there really well built and great sounding cabs.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 10, 2009,
I'm asking for a tone LIKE that which is tight and punchy.. and i'm not jumping way ahead of myself mate, i am just showing you what kinda tone i'm aiming to get.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
I'm asking for a tone LIKE that which is tight and punchy.. and i'm not jumping way ahead of myself mate, i am just showing you what kinda tone i'm aiming to get.

Sorry man from the way it looks you are.. You already have the amp picked out which is pretty much the only option you have and your only down to one option when it comes to the cab once you buy the head. So asking about $1500 cabs, and if the tone of a $4500+ rig will match the tone coming out of your future rig in my book is jumping ahead of yourself quite a bit.

The bugera has a tight and punchy tone but will sound nothing like a Mesa Rig. Is it going do metal with ease and sound decent. But it will not sound like the rig you posted. Even more so considering Mesa rigs are a completely different beasts when it comes to tone compared to a Peavey 5150 Clone..
He is using an ENGL btw,
I wasn't asking about the tone -.- i was just showing you what tone i'm going to go for, a tight punchy metal tone.. the video was merely an example of a tight punchy metal tone.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
He is using an ENGL btw,
I wasn't asking about the tone -.- i was just showing you what tone i'm going to go for, a tight punchy metal tone.. the video was merely an example of a tight punchy metal tone.

Did you edit the video link.. Because the one I clicked on had him in front of a Mesa halfstack..

Either way the Bugera is gonna get you a ticket punchy tone and should fit your needs perfectly.
Yeah i changed it but still the mesa was just sitting there he was actually using a ENGL.
Thanks dude, i didn't mean to sound like a tool if i did.. i was just trying to explain it.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
Yeah i changed it but still the mesa was just sitting there he was actually using a ENGL.
Thanks dude, i didn't mean to sound like a tool if i did.. i was just trying to explain it.

Ahh ok thought he was playing the Mesa. Either way its expensive as sh!t over there lol

And my apologies as well. I was just getting at dont get to focused on other peoples rigs and this tone and that tone. Because what happens is you get a budget rig then your regretting it a week in because you want it to sound like that 4K rig you heard. Your rig will sound good regardless but try and keep your eye on the prize. Because the more you research it, listen to clips and take your mind off what you are actually getting.. Gas comes creeping in and destroys your plans and makes you get into something you really aren't ready for.

I could have been satisfied a long time ago but now I have way to much sh!t on my plate then I know what to do with. All because i'm casing tone.
haha yeah that's true,
I'm just gunna try keep a look out for an orange 2x12 used.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Page 1 of 2