http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ngi46NFjw&fmt=18

My band, Notch covering Nightrain. I would like some constructive criticsm for the band as a whole, and to refer for guitar playing skills, I'm the little guy with the exploding hair and grey shirt. I would personally like some criticsm on my playing too =).
First off the video is loading right now , Nightrain is my favorite Guns N' Roses song , gotta be a shining moment off AFD with the solo at the end. The sound is somewhat off at the start , it might be the tuning. The singer is pretty bad as well. But don't worry I my band used to cover this song and we sounded JUST like this. It's not bad you have room to make it better , it needs to be somewhat slowed down thats on the drummer. The drummer really needs to work on his rhythm approach to the song. As far as guitar the riff it self is simple you guys are pretty much getting it with some exceptions here and there. Wow this really reminds me of my band a couple years back! How old are you man? The Izzy part of solo wasn't too bad , you seemed to nail the solo but the distortion wasn't there?! As a band you guys have room to work on a lot ,which is good because the potential is there for sure. I think the curly haired guitarist ( you? ) should've taken the last solo!

The attitude is there , the flair is there just work on getting it tighter as a unit!
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
First off the video is loading right now , Nightrain is my favorite Guns N' Roses song , gotta be a shining moment off AFD with the solo at the end. The sound is somewhat off at the start , it might be the tuning. The singer is pretty bad as well. But don't worry I my band used to cover this song and we sounded JUST like this. It's not bad you have room to make it better , it needs to be somewhat slowed down thats on the drummer. The drummer really needs to work on his rhythm approach to the song. As far as guitar the riff it self is simple you guys are pretty much getting it with some exceptions here and there. Wow this really reminds me of my band a couple years back! How old are you man? The Izzy part of solo wasn't too bad , you seemed to nail the solo but the distortion wasn't there?! As a band you guys have room to work on a lot ,which is good because the potential is there for sure. I think the curly haired guitarist ( you? ) should've taken the last solo!

The attitude is there , the flair is there just work on getting it tighter as a unit!

Ah thanks man! It's good to have some constructive criticsm, but Axl probably has a voice that's kinda difficult to mimic, so yeah the song was probably hard on the singer I guess, as far as the drummer is concerned, he is playing from sheet and plays a lot to the original song and personally I leave it up to the drummer to what he wants do with the song, but yeah the band is at the edge of breaking up. We are around 15, and yeah, I had to use a Boss SD-1 only because the distortion of the amp onstage lacked mids, so that was the issue kinda. Thanks for the comments, I play the last part of the solo by the way, from around when the singer stops singing.

Thanks again!