There's a giant, in depth metal tunings thread nearby actually. You'd get a good answer in there.

But anyway, Arsis' latest album We Are The Nightmare is played in E Standard and it is ridiculously technical.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
megadeth metallica black label socitey and countless more ps unless ur playing along with the song or playing live u can play in a different tuning it'll sound the same
Blind guardian
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
there is this band called slayer or something. i think they used to jumpy between stadard and standard/flat.
illustration student - happy to do any band artwork/logos
some of my work can be seen at:

theGentleSquid

oh i don't know, maybe a little band called Morbid Angel?
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Quote by bender424
Blind guardian

+1

Nevermore might also aswell, I know Loomis likes to tune his seven string to Bb but I'm not sure if he tuned to Eb before he changed over to seven string guitars.
Old Cannibal Corpse is in Eb.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Quote by xChristgrindeRx
Was about to say BG... Tons of power/heavy metal (mostly in Eb) and just about every black metal band is in E standard (except for Dimmu Borgir).

yeah most power metal and black metal bands play in E standard

dimmu never were proper black metal now, and they aren't BM at all now anyway
Quote by xChristgrindeRx
Was about to say BG... Tons of power/heavy metal (mostly in Eb) and just about every black metal band is in E standard (except for Dimmu Borgir).

Immortal plays in E standard now?
there are plenty of black metal acts that play in D standard
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by phili666
...err......YES

Well actually, right now they play in D; I am aware that on their old albums they played in E standard. Im just pointing out that there are several exceptions to the rule.
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
Well actually, right now they play in D; I am aware that on their old albums they played in E standard. Im just pointing out that there are several exceptions to the rule.

most of their albums are in E