Hey guys, I've been searching the internet for quite a bit now trying to find a program that plays chords that I can improvise over. I'm looking for something that possibly gives me the ability to select certain chords, put them in order, and then play them on repeat whilst I improvise over them. This would be much appreciated if anybody knows of a program with this functionality. Thanks!
http://www.jamcenter.com might come close

Alternatively just record your own chord progressions and play over them. All you need is audacity and a 3/8"-1/4" jack plug adapter.

If neither of them give you what you want - tab the chords you want on powertab/tuxguitar/proguitar use the play back function. It won't sound great as it won't be real instrument, but it'll be the same chord progression.
I'm not seeing any generator-type thing that gives me the ability to select chords and let me play them on repeat, so unless I'm missing something that website isn't what I'm looking for. As for Guitarpro, I tried that but the sound makes me go insane, it's too midi like.

"Alternatively just record your own chord progressions and play over them. All you need is audacity and a 3/8"-1/4" jack plug adapter."

Yes, I heard about that before. Can you possibly give me a link or where exactly I could buy one of these?

Thanks for the help.

edit: Just saw the post with http://all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_chords_jam.php. This looks interesting, I'll give it a try.
buy or download GUITAR PRO

with this program you can create your song with all the instruments...
Doive's link will probably do the job, but if you want to record yourself at any point...audacity is free software. Its not great, but it does the job: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

A 1/4" - 1/8"(3.5mm) jack adapter just lets you plug your guitar lead directly into your pc - the one end is a female 1/4" jack socket, which is basically identical to the sockets you plug your lead into in your guitar and amp, the other end is a 1/8" (3.5mm) jack plug - which is just like the jack plug you get on the end of a set of headphones that you would normally plug into your ipod/mp3 player. You can get one for about £1.50/$2.00 at any hardware store that sells electrical/electronic stuff, and probably from any music shop - although they might charge more.

Edited due to brain-fart. Thanks tukk04
Last edited by zhilla at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by zhilla

A 3/8" - 1/4" jack adapter just lets you plug your guitar lead directly into your pc - the one end is a female 3/8" jack socket, which is basically identical to the sockets you plug your lead into in your guitar and amp, the other end is a 1/4" jack plug - which is just like the jack plug you get on the end of a set of headphones that you would normally plug into your ipod/mp3 player. You can get one for about £1.50/$2.00 at any hardware store that sells electrical/electronic stuff, and probably from any music shop - although they might charge more.

other way around 1/4"-guitar and 3/8"-headphones
Thanks for the help guys. I'm trying to find an adapter online, can any of you give me a product title that you recommend me getting?
Just search for 6.35mm - 3.5mm jack adapter or 1/4" - 1/8" jack adapter. It'll probably cost more in postage than it will cost.