Alright guys. Say you have a decent guitar, you have a Line 6 Spider Half Stack (and you're sick of the muddy tone), and you've got around 500 dollars to spend to get a new set-up for your amp.
(You're not going to sell the Line 6)

You have no effect pedals other than a compression/sustain pedal, and you are wanting a Slash/Guns N' Roses sound, but also are wanting a modern/hard rock sound (Three Days Grace, Seether).

What do you buy?

List of Suggestions:
Traynor YCS50
Peavey Classic 30
Line 6 Pod X3
Peavey Vypyr

EDIT: I am gigging, so live use IS needed
Last edited by Janicki at Jul 9, 2009,
What genres do you play?
What sound are you looking for?
What effects do you own?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Why dont you want to sell the Line 6?

You could sell the head and keep the cab, buy a head and then later upgrade the speakers in the cab.
Traynor YCS 50 used.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Because, to be honest, I live in a small town, so it's hard to sell anything other then ebay, and when shipping something like that, it gets to be a pain with people on eBay, so I'd rather just keep it and mess around with it if I ever want to come back to it.
go buy a Used Classic 30 and call it a day
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Well, if you bump up your budget you could get a Traynor amp like Raijouta suggested. That could cover your styles pretty well. You wouldn't want to look back to be honest.
If you aren't gigging a Blackstar HT-5 would be good for home use. Or get a Line 6 Flextone III, do they come in head form?
Quote by guitarted
sell the Spider on craigslist for $1-200, upping your budget to 700. browse craigslist for a used JCM8/900 COMBO.

solved

JCM 900 would eb a good idea. You can get them cheap used. I found one at my local pawn shop for $500. Didn't buy it though Its still there.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
I would try to get a Mesa Boogie Dual rectifier, because im sure if you looked hard enough you could find it in that price range
Quote by hide_the_beer
"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

"The sun is a cube, not a sphere."

crazy?

Quote by hide_the_beer
Aw man. Out of context! People are going to think I'm crazy.

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

"The sun is a sphere, not a cube."

nope
I doubt I could find a Mesa Boogie Dual rectifier at 500