Ok. I want a 5watt amp that I can crank for metal and heavy rock.

I love the look of the blackstars but I have heard some bad stuff about the 10" speaker and how it dont do the head justice.

So, if I were want to get a blackstar ht 5h then what cab would go with it? I want something small - 2*12 at the most because I this will be my lesson amp that I have to drag around with me until i got a peavy royal 8. (Also on my shopping list.) So far all of my research has been into cabs so I don't really know where to start for a good metal cab.

Also, for when I want to play at night what headphones would you guys recommend? I would like to have loads of clearance ion the bass response (cuz I would be using the 7 string that I have on its way) and have been recommended Sennheisers. Any ideas?

Hows about a vader vc212bk?

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Last edited by IYanoplathizoI at Jul 9, 2009,
Hmmm

Well the Blackstar is a great head for your genres. The cab is ok imo, could be better. If you really want to maximize the potential of the head, i would personally go for an Avatar cab.
http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

The Vader would do well too though, but they don't look as good as the Avatars do.

Sorry, I don't really know that much about headphones

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Thanks. first answer after 30 veiws

kudos to you

I personally prefer the brootalz look of the vaders and think that ital match my guitar since I might add my own grill to it the grill a greenish colour. Also the vaders are a bit more gettable in the uk

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
The Sennheiser HD280s are great headphones. Check 'em out.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
With the Vader what amount of ohms would I want - also, can this head be used to drive it?

Their website says that the amp is Speaker emulated output with 1x12 or 4x12 voicing - can I drive a 2*12?

Certified lurker
Quote by IYanoplathizoI
With the Vader what amount of ohms would I want - also, can this head be used to drive it?

Their website says that the amp is Speaker emulated output with 1x12 or 4x12 voicing - can I drive a 2*12?

as far as i know you can plug the blackstar into any 16ohms or 8ohms cabinet
Thanks. I am however concerned that that fre range may not be enough - after all if I buy headphones of that priec UI want to use them for more than just jamming!

Narrowing down,... narrowing down...

HD280s or Denon AH-D1000.

Certified lurker
A Vader cab would be good, but I'm not sure the stock speakers will be best for use with the 5 watt HT5. Vader speakers are very high wattage and may not be good with a very low watt amp.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
I have gone for the dennons

EDIT: on the ht combo review on this site copmments:
This is one of the best practice amps you can get, only lacking a built in reverb, and ultra high gain. Both can be fixed easily with an FX pedal.

So is there a 5 watt tube with ' ultra high gain'?

Certified lurker
The Hayden Mofo...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
HT-5 + TS9/Bad Monkey= teh br00t4lz practice amp.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
now that I might well look into. You mean teh combo or the head? I hope that combo cuz a head, cab and a pedal is not easy lug for me.

What about - for the sake of a brand match and a bit more uniqe a sound a Blackstar HT-DISTX?

Certified lurker
i guess that would work, but that would be something i would use that one the clean channel cuz its IMO supposed to be used as less of a boost and more a its own distortion and with the amps overdrive might be too much. you might have to go try it out and see which setup you like more
Thanks for the help - ill probably buy and experiment in the knowladge that I will have enough for what I want to play.

Certified lurker
Quote by IYanoplathizoI
Thanks for the help - ill probably buy and experiment in the knowladge that I will have enough for what I want to play.

buy first, rationalize later

i like your style
Lol. Nah. I am being rational - I know that I want a small tube metal amp. I also know that this amp probably wont have enough gain for modern metal. So I buy a pedal to make it.

Sorted.

Thats sigged BTW, Thanks

Certified lurker