Well I started playing bass around a year ago and I began becoming interested in playing guitar because it would be a change of pace. After reading the "What to listen to" sticky on these forums and reading about pickups on other website, I decided that I would want to buy something with Humbucker-Single-Single Pickups because of it's versatility. I also wanted to buy a Fender Strat because that's what most of the guitarists in the bands(RHCP, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Cream, etc.) that I want to cover play Fender Strats. I thought that this (http://) would be pretty good buy since I will keep on playing guitar and I won't give up on it. My dad said that he would be willing to help me buy this (http://) as long as I payed $1300. So I was wondering if the Deluxe is worth the extra money or if I should stick with the Standard.

Thanks
First, the links are a bit broken. No prob, I just copied and pasted

Second, do you have anyway to try these guitars out at a shop to see? You want to look for one that feels and plays how you want it. Even if the bands that you want to cover use strats, you may find that a strat doesn't suit you. Hell, you may end out finding that an LP or an Ibanez plays so much better for you. It's all preference and you can't really figure that out until you try a whole bunch of different ones. Hopefully you have a local shop with a wide variety of axes to test out.

Also, a lot of strats go used on Craigslist for less than those. I always search the used market, but thats preference

Bottom line, you need to try some out to see what feels good for you.

Edit: But I'm sure others here can tell you the specific differences and if the extra money on the deluxe is worth it.
Last edited by MetalHead916 at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by MetalHead916
First, the links are a bit broken. No prob, I just copied and pasted.

Sorry about that.

Quote by MetalHead916
Second, do you have anyway to try these guitars out at a shop to see? You want to look for one that feels and plays how you want it. Even if the bands that you want to cover use strats, you may find that a strat doesn't suit you. Hell, you may end out finding that an LP or an Ibanez plays so much better for you. It's all preference and you can't really figure that out until you try a whole bunch of different ones. Hopefully you have a local shop with a wide variety of axes to test out.

I was planning on making a trip down to both Sam Ash and Guitar Center to try out the guitar there. I also planned on trying out others it's just that this one appealed to me while I was looking over websites.

Quote by MetalHead916
Also, a lot of strats go used on Craigslist for less than those. I always search the used market, but thats preference

I'm not that big of a fan of used so...

Quote by genghisgandhi
for someone beggining i dont think you need the deluxe, but hey, its your money
edit-what amp were you looking at?

I was wondering if the extra money was worth it in the long run.

I was also looking at possibly starting out with this (http://) but I'm not sure if was a good one.

Quote by Chetbango
Go used and get the deluxe for about 900 bucks.

I'm not that big of a fan of used so...
Last edited by Bassist3545 at Jul 9, 2009,
your kinda looking at this the wrong way. in 25 years the thing ive seen that cause most people to quit playing is getting the wrong guitar for them.
i do agree with allot of people that its alittle much for your first guitar. i really recommend the Mexican strats(the 350-400 range) or the ibenez w/o tremolo(300-400). theyre lightweight and dependable.

I was planning on making a trip down to both Sam Ash and Guitar Center to try out the guitar there. I also planned on trying out others it's just that this one appealed to me while I was looking over websites.

now were talking..pick up every guitar in that place, dont look at the name brand and dont look at the price.. plug em in and jam. if you cant play let the sales person play. find what feels good and sounds right then work from there.
I'm not too sure about this but all I know is that it has noiseless pickups, and abalone inlays.

And on a side note, when you click the URL button, type the URL into the box that is displayed. Or you can copy and paste the URL and wrap it around url tags ( , remove spaces).
Last edited by FCurimao at Jul 9, 2009,
HSS strat is a good idea however i do not recommend the deluxe. i tried multiple deluxe strats out and i tried many regular strats out (Although no HSS ones, they were all SSS). i prefer the regular because it is cheaper. the deluxe simply isn't worth it. i picked up an american '57 reissue for $1000 with a case used and i am completely satisfied with it and would not trade it for any other. try not to buy online and look around on craigslist, and multiple guitar centers/music stores and wait till you find a guitar that really speaks to you.