Yup, I've changed my mind again. Now I'm looking for the best amp for £100-£150 with good tone, being loud enough to be able to jam with a drummer is a NECCESSITY. The reason of my mind changing is because my GAS for a new bass was too great and I'm too paranoid to go second hand. The overall budget is £500ish, most of which will go towards a Fender MIM Standard (P or J, both are great basses, just depends on the deals I find.)

EDIT: Just pointing out that this would NOT be a gigging amp, if it were it would be supported by a PA.
Last edited by Spaz91 at Jul 9, 2009,
personally i would go for a squier vm jazz or precision and have more money left over to spend on an amp that actually can keep up with a drummer.
Fender 5 String Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Peavey TNT 115
EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
Daneletro Cool Cat OD V2 (excellent pedal)
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V845 Classic Wah Pedal
£100-£150 isnt really a great budget for amps, once you start spending £200-£400 you have a lot more(and better value) choices. If I were you I'd save up a little more, and look at Hartke's stuff, namely the LH500
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I already have a Squier Jazz Deluxe, but I have found the active EQ and low B surplus to requirements and want something more reliable. I suppose I could sell this one but I doubt I could get very much for it.
Id go for the kustom. The fender rumble amps arent too great, and I hear the kustoms are super loud for what their rated.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
The trouble is, unless the drummer is fairly light, 65W is not going to be enough. 100W is toeing the line, and only at around the 150W area is it comfortably going to deal with all but the most aggressive drummers with massive kits.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
The trouble is, unless the drummer is fairly light, 65W is not going to be enough. 100W is toeing the line, and only at around the 150W area is it comfortably going to deal with all but the most aggressive drummers with massive kits.

I wouldn't want to deal with a drummer without 300watts
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Spaz91
I've competed just barely with a drummer with just 10w but then again that was a Kustom.

world record for world's quietest drummer?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
world record for world's quietest drummer?

Quite possibly.
It seems the size of the room makes the biggest difference. When I go round to the drummer's house for a practise sesh we're in quite a large room, however this morning I was in my schools music dept. in a tiny practise room and the 300w house amp was struggling to pierce the drum noise. Back to the other side though, I've just got back from a gig (my first ever gig, go me) where I competed with the drummer in a relatively large room with only a 60w amp.