Just went down to the local guitar store for a bit to ask the guy about some fender tube amps and digitech pedals, and one thing led to another and I left the store with....

An Ibanez Tubescreamer

I know I know, I'm the guy with the Spider III that always asks about pedals, and I know I shouldn't have bought a pedal for a modelling amp, But I actually wasn't planning on buying anything when I walked in. this guy gets maybe 1 or 2 customers an hour, and he said he'd cut the price down for me, so I went ahead and bought it... I'd say its a pretty good buy for my first distortion pedal ever

And it really doesn't make the amp sound any worse if I have certain settings set on the pedal. I'm pretty happy that I bought this.

Also, when I was asking about amps, he started talking about these Johnson amps he has... Are these any good? He did say they were solid state and that made me a little hesitant about possibly getting one, so I thought I'd ask GG&A
Johnson's low end stuff is garbage. It is mass produced junk, designed for pawn shops and crappy music stores to sell with guitars as a 'starter' amp. I'm not sure what you are getting out of a tubescreamer with a Spider though... Anything that pedal does for you, you should already be able to do with the EQ/settings...

But if you like it, that's all that matters, so...
HNPD!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
hnpd! how much did you pay?

i always thought this pedals were pretty crappy compared to the original tubescreamer (the green one) but stil nice for theyre price
Quote by tubetime86
Johnson's low end stuff is garbage. It is mass produced junk, designed for pawn shops and crappy music stores to sell with guitars as a 'starter' amp. I'm not sure what you are getting out of a tubescreamer with a Spider though... Anything that pedal does for you, you should already be able to do with the EQ/settings...

But if you like it, that's all that matters, so...
HNPD!

Well, the thing is is that the distortion from the amp usually makes me gag and cringe, but i actually like the cleans on it pretty well... so I just keep the amp on the clean channel and then the pedal gives a good distortion sound that's much better than the amp's distortion.
Nice!!!!

Its not a TS9, but it'll work just fine (and that just rhymed. Wow fail.)
Anyways, if it works for you, thats great. There have been so many N_Ds this month my GAS is acting up

HNPD!!!

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by hitl
hnpd! how much did you pay?

i always thought this pedals were pretty crappy compared to the original tubescreamer (the green one) but stil nice for theyre price

He had the price at $66.95 (which is overpriced for this pedal i think its supposed to be like $50 or so, i'm pretty sure) and he sold it to me for $47
Quote by jc349
Nice!!!!

Anyways, if it works for you, thats great. There have been so many N_Ds this month my GAS is acting up

HNPD!!!

The little switch on it switches between TS9 mode and HOT mode.... the TS9 mode accomplishes what the actual TS9 model does, although it doesn't sound like the TS9, but it sitll gets the job done for what I want.
Quote by Checker
Are you in the U.S.? If so... http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ToneLok-TS7-Tubescreamer-Pedal?sku=150286#new (Ouch...)

If not, HNPD.

I've heard that those can be modded to TS-808 specs without too much effort.

Yes, I'm in the U.S. ... Are you talking about the price reduction? That sucks, I got ripped off by 7 bucks!

I may ask around about that mod in GB&C.
Quote by jc349
Nice!!!!

HNPD!!!

Me too, I keep farting under the sheets when my girlfriend is sleeping. ****'s getting out of hand

But yeah, all this new **** makes me want to get new **** and I just got done getting a 2x12 cab last weekend. Oh well, payday is today so I get to grab another fun toy off of craigslist
Quote by Checker
Are you in the U.S.? If so... http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ToneLok-TS7-Tubescreamer-Pedal?sku=150286#new (Ouch...)

If not, HNPD.

I've heard that those can be modded to TS-808 specs without too much effort.

+1

And used there super dirt cheap..

They can be... But at what point do you say hmmm maybe I shouldnt dish out another $50 bucks on something to make it not up to par with the original which costs the same by the time your done .

TS honestly dude just return it....
nice. easily moddable for cheap if you want to. it'll shine when you actually get a decent amp though.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
nice. easily moddable for cheap if you want to. it'll shine when you actually get a decent amp though.

that's my next plan... I'm gonna save my money for a Fender Blues Jr., then save my money some more and get a 2x12 cab...

and after that, I'm gonna get some more pedals
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
He had the price at $66.95 (which is overpriced for this pedal i think its supposed to be like $50 or so, i'm pretty sure) and he sold it to me for $47

I have that pedal and it cost me like 40USD...
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society