probably a lot of threads on this already but i think i have got 3 string sweeps down now

BUT now im trying to move on to 4,5 even 6 string sweeps but it feels like im back to square one any good tips and patterns you helpfull guys can share?
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Sweep picking is one of the most useless techniques of guitar playing ever......But its so cool!
A Minor Sweep

E---------------------------------------12----17
B-------------------------------13--------------
G------------------------14---------------------
D-----------------14----------------------------
A---12----h15----------------------------------
E-------------------------------------------------

Then repeat backwards

PS> U wnet to download? how was DragonForce ?
Quote by Night_Warrior
A Minor Sweep

E---------------------------------------12----17
B-------------------------------13--------------
G------------------------14---------------------
D-----------------14----------------------------
A---12----h15----------------------------------
E-------------------------------------------------

Then repeat backwards

i cant help with sweep picking, i'm still learning 3 string sweeping.
but i guess you could just do any sweep really slow, and gradually get faster and faster.
ooh but i can kinda sweep this (no hammer-ons though:S)
|-------------------15-------------------
|-------------13-------13--------------
|---------14-----------------14--------
|-----15-------------------------15----
|-13---------------------------------13
|----------------------------------------- <<< got no clue what sweep it is though.

oh n to night_warrior i didnt see them at download but i read a review and it said they were pretty awesome!
I saw them last year though and they were good
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Yeah, treat it as you did 3 strings.

In fact, just go right on to 6 string sweeps. Here's why:
Of course, there are many shapes you can use and each takes some time to get down, but each one will generally become easier. So take this simple shape that I stole from Paul Gilbert.

e-------------------12--
b----------------10-----
g-------------9----------
D----------9-------------
A-----10-----------------
E-12---------------------

That's a fairly easy 6 string sweep. Now, what you do is take the first 3 notes of E, A, and B.(On those first 3 strings) Play that til you have it down well on 3. Then add on the 4th notte. Then 5th, then 6th. Now, you may draw a blank as I did when I first saw this as to how to play on the 9th fret notes on the D and G string. All you do is hit the D with your index and roll your middle finger to the G string. Then index on the b and pinky on the e.

Am I clear on this? Or do I need to explain more? Let me know, and I'll try to help more.

So, you are restarting in a way. You just gotta take it slowly adding a string at a time. The same will go for about any sweep you do and each will usually be easier to learn than the last.

EDIT: Make sure you practice em going back down too!
Just turn any chord into an areggio and you can sweep it. Find one thats easy for you first and work on that. As you get that move on to the harder arpeggios. Diminished arpeggios are my fave.
Quote by batuhanbatuhan
Sweep picking is one of the most useless techniques of guitar playing ever......But its so cool!

Useless?!?!?! Whatever...I'm not going to bother.

If you REALLY want to master sweep picking, I suggest you look up some classical music, especially Paganini. He's been a huge inspiration for a lot of virtuosos, especially Yngwie. He's a violin player, but if you can master some of his pieces (mind you, it's hard to get up to his speed), you'll be doing 4, 5, and 6 string sweeps no problem.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by Syn_66
probably a lot of threads on this already but i think i have got 3 string sweeps down now

BUT now im trying to move on to 4,5 even 6 string sweeps but it feels like im back to square one any good tips and patterns you helpfull guys can share?

If you can't make your own sweeping "patterns" you have no business learning the technique.

Quote by Night_Warrior

I actually saw DF at download and they were pretty good, setlist was predictable but they're cleaning up their act a lot; they were so much cleaner than they were 2 years ago.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
whoa cheers guys helps alot makes it easier to approach might just go straight 6 string and get it out the way, as for dragonforce playing download I agree they actually play relatively accurate and clean now much better from their other appearences
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!