im still stuck on Barre chords!!! if i can do Barre Chords i will a level higher in my playing skills. i know to tilt your finger and add extra pressure with your thumb. is there any other tips you can give me. i need to do this help me please!!
serious?
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Quote by JacKofAces91
I think you should learn to use the search barre.

Nice play on words lol
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
Quote by LFC468
im still stuck on Barre chords!!! if i can do Barre Chords i will a level higher in my playing skills. i know to tilt your finger and add extra pressure with your thumb. is there any other tips you can give me. i need to do this help me please!!
Just practice and make sure each note rings out clearly each time you form a barre chord. Experiment with your finger at slightly different angles til you find what works for you.

Do you get a hp and mp increase when you level up? Whats the speed boost like?
Everyone, if he's talking about his thumb, he's obviously trying to play barre chords the Hendrix way (think Purple Haze)

TS, you seem beginnerish, so I'll tell you that TS means Thread Starter(when I started out, I had no clue people were talking to me.)

That is the way to play a Hendrix-Style Chord. You might need bigger hands to pull it off easily tho

Here is a dicection

please tell me if this is unclear.
I don't think he's talking about fretting with his thumb - he's just putting a bit more pressure on the back of the neck with it to try and force hi finger to barre cleanly.

TS - its not about the amount of pressure you put on so much as technique. Get your hand in the right position and it doesn't take any more pressure to fret a barre chord than to fret any other note
it should come out like this:

EI--5--IA
BI--5--IE
GI--6--IC#
DI--7--IA
AI--X--IX
EI--5--IA
Last edited by willwelsh816 at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by zhilla
I don't think he's talking about fretting with his thumb - he's just putting a bit more pressure on the back of the neck with it to try and force hi finger to barre cleanly.

TS - its not about the amount of pressure you put on so much as technique. Get your hand in the right position and it doesn't take any more pressure to fret a barre chord than to fret any other note

fo serious?!

20 waisted minutes of my life to try and help someone out

I wish that stupid Peace thing could finish the gesture.
Quote by willwelsh816
fo serious?!

20 waisted minutes of my life to try and help someone out

I wish that stupid Peace thing could finish the gestute.
I could be wrong

Anyhow, I'm sure your posts/pics helped other people out, who were just reading the thread
Quote by zhilla

thanks. least someones had a good go at giving me advise.