Poll Options
View poll results: Which Guitar
22 51%
11 26%
10 23%
Voters: 43.
Hey UG,

Im gonna get a new guitar which one would you say i should get:

1)1995 American Strat-This one appeals to me because 1995 is the year of my birth so it's kinda symbolic,also iv heard 90's strats are pretty good!

2)Gibson SG- Id like one of these because i like their dirty sound and smooth style.Also,i no you shouldn't judge a guitar for this but,i like the way it looks.

3)Fender Classic Series '69 Thinline Telecaster (3-Tone Sunburst)-Ahh i love this guitar because it sounds so awsome and looks stunning,and i have never owned a tele.

What would you say is best?

Thanks Ug
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
The strat
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
What do you play man?
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by Vasser
What do you play man?

oh yeah, hndrix,chili peppers etc. Sortta punk/funk/rock
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by ChiliFan01

That eliminates the SG for me then. Personally I'd take the strat, but the thinline could probably also work.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Strat is perfect for Hendrix and Froosh tones, that's almost the only guitar that can mimic their tone.
But on a side note, if you're going to be playing mostly Blink 182-type punk rock, then you might want an HSS American Strat. Humbuckers are better for punk than singles.
But if you don't play that much punk, then the Strat is perfect for you.

EDIT: Oh and I'm not familiar with the Thinline Teles, get another opinion on them, I'm not sure what they're good for honestly.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Number one. Most versatile and I don't think you'll stick at playing the same thing your whole life, you're still only 13-14.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Well if hendrix and RHCP two bands you'll be playing a strat is perfect for those.
95 strat

they're awesome
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
id not go for the sg. i dont like them that much. i play similar stuff on a regular tele, but the thinline would do just as good, i think. try both the strat and the tele out, because both are great guitars, but have a different sounds.
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Quote by SlayingDragons
yea, for the RHCP you want the strat. But you already have a mexi strat, why do you need a new guitar?

Don't listen to him, it's whatever you want. In my honest opinion Americans are miles ahead of most MIMs.
I say most MIMs because it seems to be common knowledge that some are "amazing" and just as good as Americans.
But I've never been lucky enough to find one of those Mexi Strats, I don't know if that's true.
Quote by stevenpollock
Quote by Vasser
EDIT: Oh and I'm not familiar with the Thinline Teles, get another opinion on them, I'm not sure what they're good for honestly.

They're basically regular teles with a little less treble and a more booming bass. So essentially a more rounded telecaster.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I personally don't like SG's (or Gibsons/Epiphones). I had an Epiphone and didn't like it. My friend has a Gibson Studio SG and I don't like it. Fender's have a looser sound to them which would be good for your style. Also, I like their necks better. I think I'd go for the Strat because 90's Fenders are good. New American ones are O.K., 90's American ones are great. That's what my guitar teacher's main axe is (with Seymour Duncan hot rails). To me, strats are more 'playable' (feel better) than teles and I like having a trem.
Axes:
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez RG320FM
LTD GUS600
Kramer Striker
Acoustics:
Art & Lutherie CW Antique Burst
Stupid Ovation CC
Washburn 12 String
Amps:
Randall Colossus Head
Randall Century 170 Cab/Head
Fender Acoustasonic
Quote by necrosis1193
They're basically regular teles with a little less treble and a more booming bass. So essentially a more rounded telecaster.

So, not really a stereotypical Tele sound, then.
To TS: That should suit what you want to play, try that and the Strat out. I'd recommend the Strat though since I own one and love it.
Quote by stevenpollock
The strat is the most appropriate for RHCP stuff, but you already have a mexican strat. While the American one will be better, it's more of the same thing. I'd recommend a guitar that's different to what you already have.

So I guess the Tele is the best choice.
Quote by ChiliFan01

Take the strat, it can do that stuff well and then some.