basically im looking for a new guitar i play a **** load of metal and i do delve into the more proggy aspects of mind. but what my fear is that if i buy a guitar like this i will lose my beloved blues sounds that i can get from switching away from the bridge so help would be much appreciated
Attachments:
large__ESPMP600BLK.jpg
guitar11Tremonti-8153.gif
image.jpg
Quote by britishsligean
i would get the gibson it will be able to play the variety you play

He's probly right here, but fender strat with a HSS setup would be better.
just from my experience alone, Gibsons give a really nice blusey tone. i don't know about the others, though
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I'd get the Gibson. I have a gibson SG and I can get some pretty kicka** blues sounds out of it.
yea ive ben thinking the gibson ever since i found the dealer in singapore (idiots put it in this redundant little whole in the middle of now where) but im not sure of how it will handle anything heavier than metallica(old metallica i only like thrash metallica ;p)
Quote by TonyRandall
paul reed smith!

sexy.

thats the other problem :P
hmmm between the Gibson and PRS if you can get out of the SE series to someting higher then i say PRS all the way
the gibson. you can play anything in the world on a gibson. you'll get your blues and your metal.
Which will be worth more in 20 years time?
No brainer really.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I would get a PRS since they are really found in all types of music, alot of metal artists use them, blues artists use them, there pertty much an all genra guitar. And in 20 years if you buy PRS Custom 24 and keep it in good shape itll prolly be worth 2 times as much as when you bought.
Quote by ethan_hanus
I would get a PRS since they are really found in all types of music, alot of metal artists use them, blues artists use them, there pertty much an all genra guitar. And in 20 years if you buy PRS Custom 24 and keep it in good shape itll prolly be worth 2 times as much as when you bought.
No, it won't. It doesn't work like that.
Id stick with the Gibby. Gibsons can get nice blues tones and progressive for ya. Plus, whats more metal than a modded explorer!?
Quote by al112987
No, it won't. It doesn't work like that.

thats not necessarily true. in 1980 people most likely said the same thing. "the 1960 les paul is worth tons now, but the 1980's won't be in 20 years." now, depending on the model and condition, a 1980 will easily get you as much as you payed then and then some. it's impossible to tell what will be valuable in the future. i think people will look back at guitars made in the 2000's and say "gibson was lacking, fender raised their prices, but PRS was everything they were hoped to be."

anyway, i vote PRS. great pickups (depending on the model) and Mr. Smith is a tone freak, so most of their guitars come stock with push/pull pots and tone knobs. so you can get a much wider variety of sounds out of one guitar.

BUT that's dependent on how much you're spending. if your budget can't get you a custom 22 or 24 then you won't have push/pulls. thats a higher-end-only sort of a deal. you won't get nearly as much out of an SE model, so it really depends on your price range

BIG TIME EDIT: seeing the pictures you attached (which i missed the first time) thats a tremonti SE and won't have push pulls so my vote has changed! gibson. just try to play the one you buy first, and you'll be alright. the explorer shape is awesome, i think
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
thats not necessarily true. in 1980 people most likely said the same thing. "the 1960 les paul is worth tons now, but the 1980's won't be in 20 years." now, depending on the model and condition, a 1980 will easily get you as much as you payed then and then some. it's impossible to tell what will be valuable in the future. i think people will look back at guitars made in the 2000's and say "gibson was lacking, fender raised their prices, but PRS was everything they were hoped to be."
Take into account inflation and a 1980s les paul will NOT easily get you as much as you paid for it then and then some.
according to wikipedia (so take it for what it's worth, probably not much) an LP standard in 1980 cost $550 - $650. there's one on ebay going for about $2000 right now. even with inflation, thats a pretty decent return. mostly due to the fact that every guitar company has raised it's prices from 30 years ago

BUT like i said before, if you're looking at a PRS SE model, or a gibson or LTD in the same price range, you should definitely not expect a return on your investment. but they should be awesome guitars for the money, thats the good news