I'm planning on putting a piezo on my electric bass I'm sexin up. Is there a way to have it completely under the bridge without messing up the electric connections and having the bridge be unstable?
what kind of bass? i have an idea of how it could work, but it depends on the bridge type.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
It's an LTD F 104. The bridge's base is flat to the body so I figured it could work I just don't know how..
well, if you make it yourself from an piezo element, the plate could be used to put pressure on the piezo to make it sound better.

i dont know much about bass, someone will need to chime in.

are you looking at buying a system or making it?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

I'm planning on buying a piezo element and wiring it all up like it should and yeah haha.
well, i assume you could un-case the element, and put it under the bridge so it puts pressure on the element, then run the wires out with one going to a capacitor to help with the feedback and then to your output jack, or preamp if you so desire.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

I know how to do all that. I just need a way to put it under the bridge keeping pressure on the piezo but also not leaving a gap bewteen the bridge and body.
Hmmm, I'm not sure if you'd get very bad feedback with a bass.
If you haven't seen it already, this thread has a lot of useful information in it.

The big thing you'll have to be careful about with mounting it under the bridge is making sure that you don't short the piezo against the bridge ground.

I'd suggest using a thin piece of soft foam between the piezo and the bridge to keep this from happening, and also to reduce popping and string noise.

EDIT: conor, you should check that thread out too if you haven't already.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Last edited by wiliscool at Jul 9, 2009,
Thanks so much wiliscool. I will probably update with pictures later after I hit RadioShizack.