sorry if this should go in the finishing thread but im not entirely sure if this question really counts for that thread.. basically im wondering if doing a stain finish like the one in androidred0100's samba firefly build (the shmexy red and black one on the top) needs a quilt top to achieve that kind of result?

if i were to just stain a body black then proceed to add the other coulored stain would it not work? or would it turn out nice? (obviously it wouldnt turn out like android's because he has a quilt top) but would i get that sort of two tone stained effect? or would the coulors just blend and not work etc.

thanks for reading, i hope that made sense and i apologise iof i should have put this in the finishing thread.

thankies!
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
I think that trick only works on woods with a flame to it or quilt but I'm not a hundred percent sure.
I would PM Ippon he is probly the most skilled painter/stainer hereand if you can't find him he might be in the painting and refinishing section.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
okaeydokey thanks mate
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"