I put a Strat's Neck Pickup into a Jay Jr. Acoustic Guitar. My reason is that the acoustic sounded much better and played much better.

There are alot of pics of it on my Profile.

Please comment, and if you want me to take a pic of it from a different angle, please tell me
Dosn't that feed back like a bitch?..........Or did you do something special?
Might look cleaner if you run all the electronics through the body........and have the output jack recesed into the body.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
It doesn't feed back at all, which suprises me. I know it would look cleaner, but I don't know how to do that while keeping the tone and volume knobs accesible. All my demos are recorded with that guitar, listen to the fine tone it gets
Just drill a hole for both the knobs and mount them like you would with a regular guitar.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by Invader Jim
How does installing a pup make a guitar play better?

Exactly.

TS, can't you upload your pics into a photobucket account then post them here instead of making us go to your profile page to give you more profile views
Quote by willwelsh816
it's a basswood body, It won't crack or anything?

Not if you are carefull about it. It sould be easy with the right bit and no abillity to drill..........Its simple just don't push it to hard or the wood may crack.
One trick that I use to help prevent cracks (at least in finish) is to cover the spot that I am drilling with masking tape. When drilling through an acoustic, my big concern would be material breaking off the inside once the drill bit punches through the hole. If possible, clamp a piece of wood (doesn't have to be thick) on either side of the soundboard, in effect sandwiching it. If you can't do that, at least put masking tape on both sides.
Quote by Invader Jim
How does installing a pup make a guitar play better?

I think he means he put the pickup on it because it plays better than his other guitar.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Quote by Schism1985
No offense or anything but that mess of wires and components looks retarded IMO.

Couldn't you build a wooden enclosure or something separate from the body and put your wiring cluster in that?

I'm not very talented with that stuff, and I probably would've screwed that up. I did'nt solder anything, I just wrapped everything and put electrical tape on it. I thought about putting all the wires and knobs on the back, but the wires werent' long enough.

It plays much better than the strat, and I put the electronics in it because I wanted it to be amplified. I think it looks fine.

I have no drill bits that are the right size, so I might have to just live with what I have until money comes my way.
Quote by willwelsh816
I'm not very talented with that stuff, and I probably would've screwed that up. I did'nt solder anything, I just wrapped everything and put electrical tape on it. I thought about putting all the wires and knobs on the back, but the wires werent' long enough.

It plays much better than the strat, and I put the electronics in it because I wanted it to be amplified. I think it looks fine.

I have no drill bits that are the right size, so I might have to just live with what I have until money comes my way.

ah alright then, I was just thinking that a separate enclosure would have been more ideal because there's really no way I can see that tape holding everything together for very long.