ok my computer hardly ever works so i was gonna restore it, so when i do i hit the f8 button when it comes up like your supposed to and when it comes up repair your computer i click it but instead of it going to the keyboard screen like its supposed to it just goes to the computer like normal so does anyone know what to do imean it will not do it like itt says in the manual and ive tried several times too
(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
yeah im pretty sure we all need help with vista...
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
What what what?

Are you trying to restore a restore point? Ie, do a system restore?

Are you trying to do a repair installation of windows vista?

Or are you trying to format your hard drive and install a fresh copy of vista?

And what's with all the vista hate? Unless you're a tard vista is easy as hell to use... I've had no problems I couldnt sort out with a little brain power and my vista PC has been far more stable than my XP one...
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
If Vista is over your head, stick with XP.

To those who know their way around Vista, grats on your DirectX 10.1
Quote by pigeonmafia
And what's with all the vista hate? Unless you're a tard vista is easy as hell to use... I've had no problems I couldnt sort out with a little brain power and my vista PC has been far more stable than my XP one...

This.

Use a mac if you're finding things "difficult".
Quote by pigeonmafia
What what what?

Are you trying to restore a restore point? Ie, do a system restore?

Are you trying to do a repair installation of windows vista?

Or are you trying to format your hard drive and install a fresh copy of vista?

+1. I've had more crashes on a goddamn Linux machine than I have had with Vista. and don't get me started on XP.

Anyway, what exactly are you trying to do, reinstall the OS? Or repair it?
you need to put in the vista dvd, start up your computer, boot from the dvd, then once it loads up click the repair icon on the bottom left i believe. but thats if you want to do a restore that way. it could also repair something if you need that. very helpful. fixes many things XP never could.
Wait, you say that you have constant computer trouble. Allow me to ask you, kind OP, how much RAM do you have? Not having enough RAM is the #1 reason why Vista gives problems, and people not knowing about this shit is the #1 reason why Vista gets ragged on.
Low RAM wouldn't cause a problem like OP is describing; it just makes things slow as hell.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
wait ... your descriptions suck.
keyboard screen?
it?
comes up?

lern2restore.

here, i'll help:
1. grab the windows disc/recovery disc
2. load it in the computer
3. when the BIOS flashes, press the key that leads to the boot menu.

if you don't have a vista disc, torrent an .iso file and use the product key on the bottom of your computer.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Wayward_Son
Low RAM wouldn't cause a problem like OP is describing; it just makes things slow as hell.

No. Vista blue screens with almost every ram-related problem giving you a message like

"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" Stop error code 0x0000000A

The important part is the error code. Anything that ends in 00A, 00C, 013, 018, 01C, 01E, 678, and 815 will likely have something to do with memory (ram) errors. I'm sure there are more, but I couldn't be arsed to remember them.

A blue screen can sometimes cause corruption and loss of data if the computer was in the middle of something like indexing.
Last edited by Seref at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by Seref
No. Vista blue screens with almost every ram-related problem giving you a message like

"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" Stop error code 0x0000000A

A blue screen can sometimes cause corruption and loss of data if the computer was in the middle of something like indexing.

he wasn't talking about a blue screen. plus, if he doesn't have more than 1GB of RAM, he'd be explaining his computer's slow performance.

then again, the OP's description is kind of bad.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
he wasn't talking about a blue screen. plus, if he doesn't have more than 1GB of RAM, he'd be explaining his computer's slow performance.

then again, the OP's description is kind of bad.

He said his computer hardly ever works. This is a Windows machine. If there wasn't a blue screen involved in there somewhere, then something is horribly horribly wrong.

---------

Also, OP, describe what you mean by "hardly ever works" please. If it just wont turn on or it turns of by itself, then it's most likely an issue with either your power supply or your motherboard. Tell us if there have been any hardware modifications like a new video card or processor or something.

If the computer fails to boot (fails to start windows), the problem could be software as well as hardware. A faulty boot volume (the hard drive with all the Operating System files) will screw over any computer with any OS. If something somehow managed to get corrupted it's a software issue, and do as paintITblack39 said.
Quote by wildfire1871
yes there was manyblue screen errors MANY

Alright, now answer the questions in the posts above yours. We really need as much specific information as we can. There's no real general fix for all computer problems.
Quote by pigeonmafia

This is what Vista bashing is about

It's as if there was this hot new chick named Vesta down in Accounting, but you never even went to say "Hi!" to her because a friend of your cubicle neighbor's friend in Marketing heard from someone in Sales that she's a little "slow" and delivers an appallingly "poor performance" in the bedroom. Of course none of that could turn out to be true. She could be twice as flexible as she is witty but it doesn't matter since you've made up your mind. Clearly there's only one way someone was able to get that kind of information and you don't want to have to go through that experience yourself. So now you only observe Vesta from a distance, talking about her behind her back, advising anyone who mentions her to stay away.

It's hard to say who started this gossip train. On paper her resume was fantastic, but she didn't interview too well. Probably even rubbed someone the wrong way. And once she was on the job it turned out she couldn't manage everything her resume seemed to claim. Maybe she even broke someone's favorite gadget by accident. She was the new girl after all, and not quite ready for her new position. She was slated to replace Wendy, the office favorite. Seems like the old gal had been there forever. They couldn't just replace her! It's Wendy!!!

So a few things went wrong. Right off the bat, Vesta had to deal with a bunch of bad drivers. A rowdy bunch, not used to the way the new girl worked. They turned out to be a serious headache too and screwed over a lot of people. Through no fault of her own mind you, she did what she could, but Vesta took the blame for it all. Instead of dealing with it and moving on, some people just went ape****; tried to get her fired, tried to convince management that Wendy handled everything just fine. And while Wendy had her own little quirks, people knew how to talk to her. They were comfortable with her. But in reality Vesta was plenty capable and could do an awful lot that Wendy flat-out couldn't. Not that it mattered. Someone decided that Vesta couldn't cut it, and managed to convince the rest of the office of the same. No matter what she did or how much she improved, to some she would always be second-rate to Wendy.

THE END
Quote by wildfire1871
honestly i just need to know how to restor e my computer to the way it came

Then just pop in your windows disk that should have come with your computer, reformat you hard drive (google will be your friend here), and reinstall windows. Installing a Windows OS is easy and simple--the installer holds your hand the whole way.