I go for number 1 because it will be less obtusive if you lay your guitar down where's nuber 2 will tillt your guitar (if you lay it down on its back).

Cheers
LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY

I don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die (about women) - Jens Ludwig

Quote by leony03
That made me lol so hard!!!

yay
Quote by sashki
The first one is harder to rout.

1. drill hole
2. rasp
3. shave away
4. ???
5. PROFIT!

i'd do #1, but on the lower horn, thats what i did
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Number one would make more sense.
Music Man JP6 BFR
Music Man JP6
Mesa Boogie Nomad 100 (selling soon to fund a Mark V)
1 is way better in so many ways.
The good thing(and possibly bad) Thing about 1, is that if you were to step on your cord, it would break before falling out. Wireless would be perfect on this guitar. It'd be perfect on any guitar.
..I was watching my death.
I think both are a little less that perfect because they're behind the strap knob...
Quote by Pikka Bird
I think both are a little less that perfect because they're behind the strap knob...
if i do the second one i will be putting the strap button behind it, near the end of the wing.

bump, any more thoughts on this? which channel will be easier to route for the wires? im thinking that ill route for the input jack, and then drill a hole through to the bridge humbucker route for the wires to go through. which one would be better for that?
Well if it was done on the lower fin it would still be good for wirless systems and if you have an issue with the wireless you can then be more comfortable using a cordthats not hanging down from you top fin.
If you go the route i just mentioned it would be the easiest way to drill the wire channel.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by necroscience13
if i do the second one i will be putting the strap button behind it, near the end of the wing.

Then prepare for massive, insurmountable neckdive... I'd move the jack forward a lot instead and then leave the strap button roughly where it is located in those pictures.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Then prepare for massive, insurmountable neckdive... I'd move the jack forward a lot instead and then leave the strap button roughly where it is located in those pictures.
really? i dont know, ill have to play around with it.
Perhaps you should try duct taping your strap ends to certain points on the guitar's body until you find the correct balance, and then place the jack correspondingly.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Perhaps you should try duct taping your strap ends to certain points on the guitar's body until you find the correct balance, and then place the jack correspondingly.
good idea, but which is easier to drill the cavity for the wires?
I actually think both will be rather hard to trill for since you've glued the body already. I believe the wire tunnels are usually drilled beforehand, because I can't imagine a way to drill or rout them now.
leave the strap where it is. thats why they all have it there. it just works. as for drilling, thats a custom drill jig. make it out of the rail in an old filing cabinet. just like in "taxi driver" but with a drill instead of a gun.

EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
i'd do the first one, but put it on the lower horn. it'll be easier to wire that way even: closer to the pots. and you could just have a straight hole to the electronics cavity.
Quote by fullsailstudent
as for drilling, thats a custom drill jig. make it out of the rail in an old filing cabinet. just like in "taxi driver" but with a drill instead of a gun.

The problem here is that both of the jacks pictured are on the upper horn, so you can't get a straight shot towards the control cavity. The only way would be to go via the pickup routs.