I'm out for a pedal to crank my JMP amp up to get some fine nice distortion. I'm looking for a not to expensive pedal that could do most from punk to metal to other hard rock. Been looking at the Yngwie DOD overdrive, MXR distortion + and MXR Wylde overdrive. At the moment im using an old Trace Elliot bass compressor to boost the output from my guitar. It actually do the job great, but i'd like to have some more gain, fatten it ut a bit.
Budget?

Without one, I'm gonna have to say Klon Centaur.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
MI Audio Crunch box
Peavey JSX
Traynor YCV
Fender '68 Bassman
Jetter Gain Stage Red OD
MI Audio Crunch Box
Fulltone Choralflange
Fender Strat
Carvin 7 String
Budget pref about up to 70 dollars/euros.

I really like the sound in the MI Audio and Lovepedals.
Last edited by glamsnotdead at Jul 9, 2009,
Fulltone OCD
Ibanez TS9 or TS9DX
Danelectro Overdrive or Transparent Overdrive.
MXR CAE Boost/Overdrive

you may have to go used on some of these pedals. but the ibanez and Dano pedals should be in your range.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by glamsnotdead
Budget pref about up to 70 dollars/euros.

I really like the sound in the MI Audio and Lovepedals.

Yeah man I love my crunch box, I run it with my JSX all the time. If you want sound clips, I can provide you with some.
Peavey JSX
Traynor YCV
Fender '68 Bassman
Jetter Gain Stage Red OD
MI Audio Crunch Box
Fulltone Choralflange
Fender Strat
Carvin 7 String
They are pretty hard to get here in Sweden, but that one really is on top on my list at the moment. Some soundclips would be great thanks!
Any particular sounds you want? I usually run it on my overdrive channel to boost it. I can run it straight from my clean to.
Peavey JSX
Traynor YCV
Fender '68 Bassman
Jetter Gain Stage Red OD
MI Audio Crunch Box
Fulltone Choralflange
Fender Strat
Carvin 7 String
electro harmonix big muff pi

I've never looked back since getting mine.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
and it's very affordable
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
^That is more of a fuzz, though it does get pretty ODish on higher settings.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I've actually tried the Big Muff with my amp, the Russian version though. Didn't really like it.

But @ Randomdude: Like some har rock sound, as booster on the overdrive chanel.
Are you talking about a Marshall JMP? Why would you use a distortion on that amp!?

Anyways I wouldn't look at a Crunchbox. I would look for something transparent so a MXR Microamp pr BBE Boosta Grande would be something to look at.
if you buy a zvex box of rock you will never want another pedal
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Yes, I'm talking bout a Marshall JMP. I want distiortion on that amp cause i love a overdriven Marshall

I'm not really out for a transparent boost cause they wont boost me enough i think.
Uh, the Fulltone OCD is fairly transparent and has up to like 30 dB of clean boost.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??