Alright, so im teaching my self slap bass. i figured a good song to start with would be Higher ground by the chili peppers. Is playing slap supposed to absolutely rape your fingers, or am i doing it wrong. I have a huge blood blister on my index, and i just sliced open my middle finger. im out of commission for now. should i wait for them to heal over, or change my style?
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Ebony)
Ibanez RR250
Squire Strat

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Line 6 Spider III 15

Boss DD-20
Boss OS-2
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
I'd wait for them to heal over and change to a less agressive style. Slapping takes a while to get more comfortable but I personally never found it painful.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Yeah, it's a lot more friction, so a lot more grinding, more damage, you get the point. just let it heal, and start over. Rather than letting it get to the point where they blister, go until they're raw, and play normally or just wait until they feel better. For me this was the next day.
It looks like you messed up your popping fingers..i've never had that happen especially because trying to avoid snapping your strings is a natural deterrent from popping too hard. How hard did you pop?
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
I'd say your doing something wrong. I've never hurt my fingers to that extent. My thumb starts to ache after like 2 hours but thats as bad as it gets.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom