Hi everyone,

I have an esp eclipse 2 guitar. recently, one of the tuners of the guitar got damaged and I'm trying to replace it. The tuner that has been used on this guitar is a cosmo black "Gotoh magnum locking". I have looked for it everywhere. the only option I found was a set of tuners with the same name here:

http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/Got...3_Chrome_1.html

But, when I bought these tuners, I realized that the place where you put the screw in on the back of the guitar is not facing down, it makes an angle with the body of the guitar, which means that I have to make holes for these tuners. since I'm crazy about my guitar I don't want to do so.

I have even tried to contact ESP but as you know, they don't deal with customers directly and just direct them to the dealers which so far, none of them have given me any other option.

I thought of finding someone that might have an eclipse guitar to see if he's willing to sell the tuners on his guitar for whatever reason he has, but I really don't know where to look.

Does anyone have any kind of suggestion??? If do, please tell me!

Thanks,
Randy
Your best option is to drill a hole for it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
That's an option but I still like to see if there are any other options before damaging the body of the guitar.
Don't worry, you can get a Tech to do it for you, if you're worried.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
have you tried asking in the ESP user forum? i think a lot of eclipse users swapped out their gotohs for planet waves tuners and should be a direct swap without drilling. just browse the threads there

http://bbs.espguitars.com/

edit: found this
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
Last edited by angl2k at Jul 10, 2009,
Phil,

these are the ones I bought. But, when I saw them I realized that the hole whee you push the screw in on the tuner is not aligned with the hole on the guitar and it makes an angle with it. So, I have to drill the body of the guitar to use this.

angl2k,

I didn't know they have such a forum I just registered. Apparently, it takes a while before I could post something. But thanks for your help I hope I find someone. Right now, the only option seems to go on ebay and bid on an eclipse that the owner wants something around 900$ for it. I hope I don;t have to do that.
rz_live the tuner you bought is at an angle? and on the guitar it's in a straight line right? i might be able to sort something out for you
Phil, correct. I even have pictures of what I have on my guitar and the tuners online..how can you help?? and I would really appreciate it