ok here's the deal:

i just got back from AFROTC field training on july 4, and i'm getting paid about 750 for it, so i figured i should treat myself to some guitar goodies. i'm going to set aside 300-350 for this. so far i have:

a couple of good patch cables ~ $20
a few packs of strings ~ $12
t-rex fuel tank jr ~ $100

here's where you guys come in. i can't decide between getting a delay pedal or an od pedal, or which delay or od pedal to get. i play all kinds of rock, funk, blues, alternative, and indie. budget is less than $200, unless it's a 100% guaranteed badass pedal. for the delay, i'm looking at the new malekko 616, and this is just to mess around with and give my lead stuff a new dimension. i'm pretty much set on analog. the od could be useful for rhythm stuff and as a solo boost, and so far i'm looking at the xotic bb preamp. i want a more british-voiced od that can handle low and medium gain very well, not quite distortion. also, the main reason i'm asking you guys is because i can't go anywhere and try anything out. there aren't any good stores around here, so i'll be buying blind, most likely, but i trust you guys. so, what delay or od pedals would you guys recommend, and why?
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Last edited by rtmilster at Jul 9, 2009,
drugs n hookers would be my suggestion.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.

I wasn't going to answer, but now feel sorry for you because of the first two responses.

For delay, I'd check out the MXR Carbon Copy delay. It adds a nice touch. I wouldn't get distortion, I think the OD/Distortion you have right now should be fine. Maybe an EQ pedal down the road?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
well i'm definitely looking at the carbon copy, but i'm interested to hear the reviews on the malekko. as for od, i'm just looking for something with a little extra flavor and to boost some solos. i'll most likely be getting a mesa lonestar classic down the road, so i'm looking for something to kind of complement the 6L6s (same for my vk).
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Yes, I may be biased because I own the Carbon Copy, but before I bought it I did extensive research about lots of pedals, such as the Malekko. I ended up choosing the Carbon Copy because it was pretty cheap, analog, and the mod switch added alot of depth to chords. If you're buying a Lonestar down the road, a good idea would be to have a boost to get heavier tones. Some good ones are the Ibanez TS9, Fulltone OCD and MXR distortion III. A cheaper one would be the Bad Monkey OD. I hear its really good.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Weed.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
ok, really guys? the drug thing's getting old already. anyway, yeah, i've got the ocd in mind as well. the ts9 doesn't do it for me. for the most part, i'll be using the amp's od and distortion, but i just want something to complement it and boost it a bit, should the need arise. i don't play very heavy stuff, usually just a lot of classic rock.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
full drive 2, try one...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
thank gregs. i just checked out the video on pgs, and it looks pretty ballin. that's in my top 3.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Quote by CullenT
Weed.

Vouch that.
Quote by BelowZero
you like bass sound. wanna go crazy on stage. and want a "place for a whammy bar"

have you been playing for two weeks?

go get a squier....

Quote by jess2112
I've heard of a guitar with five colored frets, but they don't play well.
its a very versatile od. also maybe some new tubes for the vk?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
yeah tubes might be a good idea. they'll probably need to be changed relatively soon. i guess i'll see where i'm at financially when i get my check. i still have bills to pay and textbooks to buy. by the way, to those of you who actually posted something helpful, thanks.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Why not a Deluxe Memory Man? That's a badass delay.
Peavey JSX
Traynor YCV
Fender '68 Bassman
Jetter Gain Stage Red OD
MI Audio Crunch Box
Fulltone Choralflange
Fender Strat
Carvin 7 String
yeah but it's too expensive for something i won't use THAT much. i think i'm sticking with the od route.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Yes, be a complete dumbass and **** your life up by weed.
****ing dumbasses.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Why don't you save it? A pretty nice chunk of change like that could come in use later.
Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
Quote by AustinxAtomic
****ing dumbasses.

Get some NOS tubes if you can, they really improve the Valveking.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
Screw your list. Get a POD x3 and be done with it.

Go with this.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
well the pod would be great if i was into multi-effects. i have absolutely no use for one though.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
For OD, the BB Preamp and Fulltone Full Drive are my two recommendations. Actually, anything by XOTiC is the ****. They're all extremely transparent. If you get a Lonestar and the BB Preamp, you could easily pull off everything from Jazz to teh br00t4lz. Maybe the Love Pedal Kanji or Eternity? Or the Menatone Red Snapper?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I vouch for the Fulltone OCD, I really like mine but I was also deciding between that and the Lovepedal (purple?) Plexi, I dunno what sound your going for but it's a great pedal from what I saw and heard (I never found one to try out). Hell it even convinced my guitar teacher to get one . If you do want a delay, I like the analog MXR one.

check out proguitarshop.com they have a sweet range of pedals with great video demos
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Quote by AustinxAtomic
****ing dumbasses.
Sigging!

TS: I'd go with a delay. Its just such a great type of pedal for all styles of music IMO and can really help make your sound better.