Anyone know? Just got it and would love to hook it up. thanks
-Custom airbrush artist with 14 years experience, looking to collaborate with guitar manufacturer. Artwork available on request.
you need a 1/8" to 1/4" jack chord and in audio in port
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Guitar pro 5 is for displaying, composing, or playing back tabs/sheet music in .midi [and RSE, but that's not the point.]

If you want to play along with it or something, connect your guitar to a 1/8" microphone jack on your P.C., or get one of those things that you plug your guitar into, that plugs into your P.C.

edit: beaten :<
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Can you clarify what an "Audio in" port is? Is it the green/pink inputs or just a standard headphone jack where I plug the adaptor?

Do I need to install any different sound card other than what I have with the three plugs, know what I mean? Pink, and two other colors, I forget.....

thanks you guys, I am completely new to this kind of process but rather computer literate.
-Custom airbrush artist with 14 years experience, looking to collaborate with guitar manufacturer. Artwork available on request.
Quote by Sopheydood

or get one of those things that you plug your guitar into, that plugs into your P.C.

Yea what IS that? Lol.
Quote by TEK34
Try using Epoxy Resin.

About as useful as it was funny....
Quote by TEK34
Try using Epoxy Resin.

I hear masking tape also works for less-permanent connectage.
Quote by skullsmasher
Can you clarify what an "Audio in" port is? Is it the green/pink inputs or just a standard headphone jack where I plug the adaptor?

Do I need to install any different sound card other than what I have with the three plugs, know what I mean? Pink, and two other colors, I forget.....

thanks you guys, I am completely new to this kind of process but rather computer literate.

plug it into the pink one, I'm sure your sound card is fine
Ill try to see what my local shop has
if its only midi what does that mean then regarding how I connect?
You can't record what you play into GP, if that's what you want.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Okay if I cant record with guitar pro, which I thought I could, what program should I get to do so (Record) and how do I connect my guitar to the PC to do so?

I know the second part has somewhat been answered but would like to hear more comments
so just line 6 tone port is what will allow me to connect my guitar? thanks about the software.

Is it a really good program that will allow different effects for the sound?
Yeah, there's an input jack on the tone port, which then plugs into your computer via USB. It comes with software that has a bunch of different amp sounds and tons of settings you can mess around with. If you're not a Line 6 fan, there are lots of other companies that make the same kind of product.
Quote by skullsmasher
Yea what IS that? Lol.

If you want something simple, using a cable with two 1/8" ends and a 1/4" adapter for the second 1/8" end on the end will work if you want to connect your amp or guitar or pedals to your P.C.

The pink one is for the microphone in, btw.

As for what you were asking about, it's essentially something that has a bunch of audio ports that plugs into your USB, for use with audio editing software.
I'm not too experienced with them, but searching musician's friend or a similar site with "audio interface" shoiuld provide an exmaple of what I'm talking about.

edit: as stated above, a line 6 toneport is one of these.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Guitar pro doesn't record or play audio. In other words, you can't do anything in Guitar Pro with your actual guitar. It's for writing/programming.

In terms of plugging in your guitar, though...yes, you CAN use the 1/4" to 1/8" adapter and just plug into your computer's audio in jack, but it will sound like ass. Trust me.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by skullsmasher
so just line 6 tone port is what will allow me to connect my guitar? thanks about the software.

Is it a really good program that will allow different effects for the sound?

yes a line6 toneport is a seperate soundcard that you plug your guitar into, the toneport itself is connected via a UBS cable to your computer.

It works fine, especially with Reaper for recording. I just hate the digitalness of Line6 though, but it works nevertheless.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
is reaper the best program?
so i can get any line6 toneport (I am looking at the GX model) and just use reaper with it, no worries about not being able to add different types of distortion or effects at all?
Yes, I believe the Line 6 toneports come with a VST (a sound effect that you add to the track), and you can use that to control the amp type, effects, etc within reaper.
well the cheapest one I can find just comes with the toneport and the usb cable, will that be okay???? doesnt say any software included but it is in factrory box
Quote by skullsmasher
well the cheapest one I can find just comes with the toneport and the usb cable, will that be okay???? doesnt say any software included but it is in factrory box
You could run your pedals through if no software is included, I suppose. Or you can find the software on the internet.