https://tvjones.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=02-011-0100

Ive been checking that bridge out lately, which enables you to install a bridge humbucker in a telecaster after routing. Does anyone know if you can drop any humbucker in there, and not just the ones the company makes?

I know everyone is always saying why put a humbucker in a tele, just get an LP or something. I have an LP, I like the feel of a telecaster much more, and the guitar acoustically sounds much better to me.

EDIT: My telecaster has three hole mounting, so this would work better. Plus its from Gotoh, they make good stuff:

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/images/large/TB-0031-010.jpg
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Last edited by dcdossett65 at Jul 9, 2009,
Ive tried them, they dont sound very good at all. That and they look stupid.

Im looking into a Lace Sensor Dual Red, kinda converting it to a Tele Plus
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
The stack pickups don't sound so great, but there are other single-sized humbuckers that do sound good. I think that's a better idea than routing and buying a new bridge, unless you've got cash to burn in favor of more pickup options. I'd suggest starting with a JB junior though.
Quote by dcdossett65

I want to do this so bad, but I'm terrified of routing .
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by dcdossett65

I smell a Jonnhy Greenwood's fan here
Quote by Sguit
I smell a Jonnhy Greenwood's fan here

He is, by far, the worst guitarist ever. His tone is terrible.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
He is, by far, the worst guitarist ever. His tone is terrible.

The problem with the internet is thait can get hard to tell if one is being sarcastic or not
Quote by Sguit
The problem with the internet is thait can get hard to tell if one is being sarcastic or not

Yeah, it can be hard.

But yeah, I was kidding.

Edit: @TS: yeah that gotoh bridge looks pretty solid.

www.wearewerebear.com
I'd try a Seymour Duncan Rails mini humbucker. My guitar teacher has a 90's American strat that he replaced the neck and bridge pickups with Hot Rails and it's his favorite guitar of his many.
Axes:
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez RG320FM
LTD GUS600
Kramer Striker
Acoustics:
Art & Lutherie CW Antique Burst
Stupid Ovation CC
Washburn 12 String
Amps:
Randall Colossus Head
Randall Century 170 Cab/Head
Fender Acoustasonic
Quote by Greenwood991

But yeah, I was kidding.

I kind of figured that by seeing your username
Ah, I am a johnny fan, but not to the extent I would want the same deal as his. If I did, I would have just gotten a tele plus. Not a big fan of sunburst, or being a huge tool.

I really want a dually red because it is supposed to retain a bit of that single coil tone, with more output, and still gets rid of the hum. I have yet to try one, its just one i've been looking into.

EDIT:

Also may be looking at the Red/Silver setup
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Last edited by dcdossett65 at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by von gelb
I'm not mega keen on stacked pick-ups, either.

Quote by dcdossett65
Ah, I am a johnny fan, but not to the extent I would want the same deal as his. If I did, I would have just gotten a tele plus. Not a big fan of sunburst, or being a huge tool.

I really want a dually red because it is supposed to retain a bit of that single coil tone, with more output, and still gets rid of the hum. I have yet to try one, its just one i've been looking into.

EDIT:

Also may be looking at the Red/Silver setup
There are single-coils out there that sound very similar to humbuckers.
Why exactly do you want to put in a humbucker?
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I'm not mega keen on stacked pick-ups, either.

There are single-coils out there that sound very similar to humbuckers.
Why exactly do you want to put in a humbucker?

Well I especially would like the Lace Sensors, because they are essentially just two single coils in humbucker configuration. This means that if I got a Red/Silver combo, I could coil tap for the silver for lower output, and have them both running for a humbucker sound.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I have had very little experience with Lace Sensors, but they are an acquired tastes, from what I gather.
If you can try at least the Red, Blue or Gold single-coil versions out, that should alleviate any serious doubts you had.
Unfortunately, all I can personally say is, it sounds like you're on a winner with that set-up.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I have had very little experience with Lace Sensors, but they are an acquired tastes, from what I gather.
If you can try at least the Red, Blue or Gold single-coil versions out, that should alleviate any serious doubts you had.
Unfortunately, all I can personally say is, it sounds like you're on a winner with that set-up.

The only problem is, barely any guitars come stock with them, so it's hard to try.

I can tell the have a unique voice just from videos, but so far they sound great.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I really don't like the Lace Red. Gold, blue, and burgundy are my favorites.
My choice in the bridge would be a gold and a burgundy, or a gold and a blue for a warmer HB tone. I'd have the split select the gold in either case.
dude, the best humbuckers for a tele are Dimebuckers. put two in your guitar, for extra br00talz.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Lace Sensors seem to be very opinionated. They each seem to have unique qualities (I'm only talking from reading up about them)

Jhackey22:

Quote by Jhachey22
dude, the best humbuckers for a tele are Dimebuckers. put two in your guitar, for extra br00talz.

I might have to make a combo stack with a ds-1 hanging from it as well..
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Lace Sensors seem to be very opinionated. They each seem to have unique qualities (I'm only talking from reading up about them)

Jhachey22:

fixed.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.