I'm thinking about painting the faceplate on my Pacifica gloss black like this:

I have great photoshop skills, Don't I?

What kind of paint should I use? Should I do something to the faceplate before I paint it?
Also I'm thinking about changing the knobs too, Any suggestions?
dont paint it
buy a new one
My Gear:

Fretless Squier P Bass
Ibanez SR400QM
Gallien Krueger 1001RB
Traynor TC410
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD-7
A quick google search for "yamaha pacifica pickguard" found me a couple of custom pickguard people. The one I breifly checked costs $33. You will probably have a much better finish on a premade one as the black plastic will be black through out, not sprayed on.
A can of Plastic bonding black spraypaint (Krylon makes a good one) will be a cheap and effective way of doing this.........without spending $33 for an new pickgaurd.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by Unherolike
A can of Plastic bonding black spraypaint (Krylon makes a good one) will be a cheap and effective way of doing this.........without spending $33 for an new pickgaurd.

I'd rather do that
Well if they do a matte black option, then I'd assume the other black would be gloss.
Wait rather do what the spray paint or the new pickgaurd..........And if it looks like $**T well all you burned up like $3-$4 on the spraypaint......and then just get the Pickgaurd you want if it looks bad.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by Unherolike
Wait rather do what the spray paint or the new pickgaurd..........And if it looks like $**T well all you burned up like $3-$4 on the spraypaint......and then just get the Pickgaurd you want if it looks bad.

Yeah, I'm gonna do that.
Alrighty just

Quote by zakkwyldefan79
When I painted the pickguard on my Epiphone Goth Explorer white I used Krylon Fusion spray paint. I applied several coats of paint and then several coats of clear cloat. I painted it about a year and a half ago and it still looks good.

Yeah i just ripped off his post........All thanks to ZWfan
Quote by Unherolike

That is probably the best piece of advice here. Most diy shops will have some cheapish plasitic spray paint

You could also get some adhesive backed vinyl and apply some gloss black stuff onto your pickguard if your good with a craft knife. Decent quality stuff is not too hard to apply as long as you dont get air bubbles and a sharp knife will create a good finish when you trim the thing.