I'm planning on buying a Randall head, but need help deciding on what type of cabinet to get with it. I play mostly metal and hard rock and need one that will have a good scooped sound, but will still be well rounded and effective. I'm thinking of a Bugera 412H-BK or a used 2001 Hughes And Kettner Vortex I found. I want to keep it around $300 or less. I'm clueless so any advice helps.
Axes:
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez RG320FM
LTD GUS600
Kramer Striker
Acoustics:
Art & Lutherie CW Antique Burst
Stupid Ovation CC
Washburn 12 String
Amps:
Randall Colossus Head
Randall Century 170 Cab/Head
Fender Acoustasonic
What Randall head are you getting?

Avatar make nice 2x12 Vintage 30 60 watt speakers. You could also maybe pick up a Framus Dragon 2x12 second-hand if you wait on the net.

Do you really need four twelve inch speakers?
Quote by AngryGoldfish
What Randall head are you getting?

Avatar make nice 2x12 Vintage 30 60 watt speakers. You could also maybe pick up a Framus Dragon 2x12 second-hand if you wait on the net.

Do you really need four twelve inch speakers?

I am wondering this too.....

Avatar makes well built, affordable cabs. There is an unloaded one on ebay for $175. all you need is two speakers, which aren't that much.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
It's a 2001 Colossus Paul Stanley
Axes:
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez RG320FM
LTD GUS600
Kramer Striker
Acoustics:
Art & Lutherie CW Antique Burst
Stupid Ovation CC
Washburn 12 String
Amps: